What is the movie "Kandahar" about?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
16 replies · 4K views
Cyrus
Messages
3,246
Reaction score
17
I am watching the movie "The Inheritance" right now. It's Danish. I know you must have seen it. What a good movie so far. Man, this is why I don't go to watch American movies anymore. They are just so bad...:frown:

Finally, a breath of fresh air!

B00097DXSA.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Watch this film and you will see what I mean Jason. :wink:

Marlon knows what I mean.
 
cyrusabdollahi said:
Watch this film and you will see what I mean Jason. :wink:

Marlon knows what I mean.

Is it available online?

I hope it has English captions on it.
 
It has subtitles. I got it from blockbuster. You can find it in your local video store. When you watch foreign films, you realize how bad US films are (for the most part). No story line and too much hollywood.

If they don't have it, look for eat drink man woman. It is chinese.

The whole concept of how their movie is produced is much better. Music is better, shots are better. Everything is better.
 
cyrusabdollahi said:
It has subtitles. I got it from blockbuster. You can find it in your local video store. When you watch foreign films, you realize how bad US films are (for the most part). No story line and too much hollywood.

If they don't have it, look for eat drink man woman. It is chinese.

The whole concept of how their movie is produced is much better. Music is better, shots are better. Everything is better.

No story line? Whoa! Again I ask, what American movies are you watching? Glitter and Gigli?

I got some free rentals for Blockbuster, so maybe I'll use one.

I prefer comedy over anything, however stupid it is. I'm not big on entertainment, so you'll never see me analyzing and discussing about movies. I guess whatever we have now is alright for me. Every few months something good comes out.
 
Yeah, after watching this movie, pretty much no story line in US movies these days. Sad, but true. Or its the same old story played to death

Wow, I am watching as I type. This movie keeps getting better and better!
 
Last edited:
cyrusabdollahi said:
Just finished the ending, wow what a great movie!

Do you find reading the subtitles a burden?

Do you find that it takes you away from the movie a little bit?

I'm very skeptical about this.

And now because it is a foreign movie, is there anything you don't get? Witty remarks and all?
 
JasonRox said:
Do you find reading the subtitles a burden?

Do you find that it takes you away from the movie a little bit?

I'm very skeptical about this.

And now because it is a foreign movie, is there anything you don't get? Witty remarks and all?

Nah, its a good movie trust me. You will enjoy it if you like serious films. :biggrin:
 
cyrusabdollahi said:
I am watching the movie "The Inheritance" right now. It's Danish. I know you must have seen it. What a good movie so far. Man, this is why I don't go to watch American movies anymore. They are just so bad...:frown:

Finally, a breath of fresh air!


Hey man,


Actually YES i know that movie and liked it very much. It's quite famous out here in Belgium. Well, at least if you are into movies :)

Now, i can understand your comments about US movies. I am not a great fan of those summer blockbusters as well. In Belgium, like in most western European countries, these movies get most of the attention. You know, the usual Tom Cruise flick, Superman (though i hear it is not that bad). Only the Pirates of the Caribbean is a movie i really enjoyed.

There are many smaller movies that are truly great. Like , for example c'est arrive pres de chez vous which is a small Belgian movie that acquired quite some fame. That main start of that movie, Benoit Poelvoorde, now has a great acting career going on in France (in Belgium as well, but there is more money to be made in France:wink: ). Another Danish movie tha i like is FESTEN

regards
marlon
 
Lisa! said:
Is it a porn movie that marlon stars at? :rolleyes:
:smile:

Nope, not this one. I auditioned for a role but i was rejected because of **********. Well, it doesn't matter.

Anyhow, too bad for you, no ?

marlon
 
JasonRox said:
Do you find reading the subtitles a burden?

In Belgium, every foreign movie has subtitles so i am very used to them. They are also a great way to learn expressions and extend your general knowledge of a certain foreign language (at least if you want to learn).

Do you find that it takes you away from the movie a little bit?

Why ?

marlon
 
imo, the best movie for years was subtitled: City of God.
 
J77 said:
imo, the best movie for years was subtitled: City of God.
yep...liked that one very much as well...

marlon
 
Now I am watching the movie "Kandahar" Let's see how that goes. You should watch it Lisa!, it's in farsi/english. But I don't think you can get it in I-ran. :frown:

Ah man, they voiced over it in english, LAME...

Ah back to Farsi...whew..

It is interesting, those Afgans look like Asian/Russian/Tibet Mix. Not at all Iranian or pakistani even though they speak Farsi.
 
Last edited: