What is the opposite of realism in quantum mechanics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 12K views


wuliheron said:
I'm sorry to say I don't know of any interesting up to date works on the subject. Contextualist theories are just beginning to establish themselves and the evidence is still pouring in at a brisk pace. Photosynthesis and animal navigation abilities that apparently can only be explained by room temperature entanglement for example. Physicists are rediscovering the world all over again and often feeling a bit humbled by it being oh so much more complex then they imagined as well as excited at the prospects. Not unlike the transition we went through from Newtonian mechanics to modern physics.

Ok, thanks, wuliheron. I've seen and think I've mentioned this sort of notion in other contexts ((:), but hadn't seen much applied in this one, too.
 
Physics news on Phys.org


fuzzyfelt said:
Ok, thanks, wuliheron. I've seen and think I've mentioned this sort of notion in other contexts ((:), but hadn't seen much applied in this one, too.

Yeah, it adds new meaning to "quantum weirdness" to assume they are contextual and forces people to re-evaluate their behavior in every context including classical ones.