What is the Periodic Table of Videos?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 14K views
OAQfirst
Messages
23
Reaction score
3
From the University of Nottingham, a video series on the 118 elements.
The chemical elements are being brought to life online in a series of YouTube videos filmed at a UK university. The project by a team in Nottingham is designed to stimulate interest in chemistry and comprises videos illustrating each of the 118 elements. They feature a variety of experiments, some of which are too dangerous to be performed in classrooms. The team behind the new guide to the periodic table said it should be complete by the end of July. In the videos, scientists also recall personal anecdotes and amazing facts about each element in the table, from hydrogen (1) to Ununoctium (118).
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7507986.stm

Their website:
http://www.periodicvideos.com/

And their YouTube channel:

http://youtube.com/user/periodicvideos
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
I remember a periodic table from what I believe was elementary school. Each element had an actual picture of the element in it's elemental form. You can imagine, the far right side was very boring. Just looked like a bunch of empty vials supposedly containing the nobel gasses. Most likely, they actually were empty!
 
Thank-you for the link. That will be fun for my daughter!
 
excellent post i really appreciate this :P it'll keep me interested!
 
Thanks for sharing these helpful links. I have found one more site mchmultimedia(dot)com. It also provides online help for science students.
 
Eric McClean said:
I have found one more site mchmultimedia(dot)com. It also provides online help for science students.

This seems to be a commercial site. However, I did notice some free tools on this page:

http://mchmultimedia.com/store/chemistry-online-help.php

The one I looked at seemed to be a simple swf app embedded in an html file. It tried to 'phone home' when I used it, though... hmmm.
 
Last edited by a moderator: