What is the price of petrol/gasoline in your country?

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
Monique, you're from Holland?
Very nice country, are u in Armstedam?

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It's about $1.90 in Central Ohio (regular).

I have a dirty, old 92' Honda Accord, that gives me over 30 miles/gall. consistently. I'm happy. :smile:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I found one station with $1.78/gallon today (southwest Ohio), but the rest were around 1.85/gallon. My car gives me about 25 miles/gallon with city/local driving. I think I do better on highways, but have never hit an open stretch of road long enough to not have to keep slowing and accelerating around other cars long enough to really get a measure of mileage on highways. Except it also has a small gas tank, so still needs to be filled up just as frequently as those monster SUVs (except my tank of gas only costs me $12 to $15 depending how close to empty it is and how high the prices are, instead of $50 to fill those SUVs :smile:).

Monique said:
the prices in the US are unbelievably low.. only $2 in california?

here in the Netherlands we pay $6.05/gallon (€1,29/liter) for the cheapest petrol, $6.25 for the higher grade and $6.39 for the good quality petrol.. anyone, try to beat those prices :devil:

Ofcourse, at the same time we should be asking how many miles a gallon of petrol is going to last.. I just asked my friend who drives an Audi TT (yes :approve:) and he says he can drive 23.6 miles on a gallon (11 km on a liter).

Yes European gas prices are higher. But i had a 53 mile commute to work each way. Thats 106 miles every day. Had to refill my car every 3 days, $30 each time (15 gal tank, gas hovered aroun $2.02 before i moved, its gone ups ince then). Thats $10 per day, so i spent about $1000 US on gas this past summer alone. Thats the price of not living in the slum you work in: commuter lifestyle indeed.

selfAdjoint
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Ofcourse, at the same time we should be asking how many miles a gallon of petrol is going to last.. I just asked my friend who drives an Audi TT (yes ) and he says he can drive 23.6 miles on a gallon (11 km on a liter).

On my trip, my 2000 Honda Odyssey got over 23 mpg. It depends on the driving; in town I get around 19.

Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
franznietzsche said:
Yes European gas prices are higher. But i had a 53 mile commute to work each way. Thats 106 miles every day. Had to refill my car every 3 days, $30 each time (15 gal tank, gas hovered aroun $2.02 before i moved, its gone ups ince then). Thats $10 per day, so i spent about $1000 US on gas this past summer alone. Thats the price of not living in the slum you work in: commuter lifestyle indeed.
My friend commutes 50 miles each day, that would come to about $12 a day :) you'd pay the same amount of money if you were to go by train.