What is the product of this reaction without Cannizzaro?

  • Thread starter Thread starter phoenixXL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Reaction
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
phoenixXL
Messages
49
Reaction score
4
Question
Find out the product of the following reaction
Untitled.png

Initially I thought that the conditions are favourable for Cannizzaro Reaction, but I was instructed (by the book) that it would not give that reaction.
I guessed and made a product and request verification from the experts in this topic.

Thanking You.
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
First: I don't know the answer. I'm just providing a bit more info. O-chem is really not my thing, but the production of H2O2 is something I had reason to read up on recently. Have a look at the anthraquinone process at Wikipedia. It may confirm your hypothesis or give you another place to look, at least.

Good luck
-Jeff