What is the Projection of Line M_1P on Plane \pi?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
chmate
Messages
37
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Given [tex]\pi: \begin{cases}l_1: \frac{x-2}{4}\ = \frac{y-1}{2}\ = \frac{z+5}{-4} &\\l_2: \frac{x+4}{-2}\ = \frac{y+1}{0}\ = \frac{z}{1} & \end{cases}[/tex] and the point [tex]M=(1,2,3)[/tex] outside the plane. Find the projection of the line [tex]M_1P[/tex] on plane [tex]\pi[/tex] where [tex]P[/tex] is the intersection point of lines [tex]l_1, l_2[/tex].2. The attempt at a solution

All I can do is that I can find the equation of plane [tex]\pi[/tex] but don't have any idea what to do next. So I need your help.

Thank you.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
How can you use the plane normal vector ?
Just make some "expriment" with a pen on your desk as a plane.
 
What is [itex]M_1[/itex]? You never defined what it is.

Start by finding P.