What is the record for most bans of a single user?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Frabjous
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 2K views
Frabjous
Gold Member
Messages
1,978
Reaction score
2,445
I noticed that a user was banned yesterday, created a second account and was banned again.
What’s the record?
How common are more than two bans?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
We ban users, not accounts. Making additional accounts is ban evasion and we'll ban them, too.

More than two accounts are rare but it does happen.

Naming a record would be counter-productive, we don't want to encourage anyone to break it.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Astronuc, Frabjous, Wrichik Basu and 2 others
mfb said:
Naming a record would be counter-productive, we don't want to encourage anyone to break it.
Slgh, +10.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Frabjous and BillTre
Apologies to all for engaging with (obviously) the sock puppet. I was quite certain I could point out the error of his ways. Sometimes I really do believe it
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Frabjous and pinball1970
ergospherical said:
I must be pretty close to the record by now, Mikey? :cool: (@berkeman)
You looking for 🥉?
 
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: ergospherical
hutchphd said:
You looking for 🥉?
..., or a chest to pin it on? (Old "raspberry" from the service days.) :wink: