What is the Relationship Between Current Magnitude and Magnetic Field Strength?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cyprusx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Current Magnitude
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 3K views
cyprusx
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
--------------------------->B

--------------------------->
. P
--------------------------->

--------------------------->

If a positive charge is placed at P. Such that it is stationary it would then

a) Move in a circular path
b) Move in a parabolic path
c) Move in the direction perpendicular to the field
d) Remain stationary

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The rules of this forum state that you must show some effort in solving your problem before you receive help. You must have some idea, consult your notes / text
 
man, i have too hand this in tomorrow and I am at risk of failing can you cut a guy a break
 
cyprusx said:
man, i have too hand this in tomorrow and I am at risk of failing can you cut a guy a break

As I said in your other thread, I will not do your work for you; but if you show a little effort you will have the answer to your question. Now, what is the expression for the force experienced by a charged particle in a magnetic field?
 
Hootenanny does the magnitude of the current depend on the strength of the magnet.

P.S because weave formed such a close friendship over these past hours do you think you might be able to answer my other question... pleaseeeeee