What is the temperature in this location?

  • Thread starter Thread starter moose
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Hot
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
68 replies · 9K views
moose
Messages
556
Reaction score
0
http://www.twilightus.net/adam/weather.gif
:cry: :cry:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
We almost hit 43, that's celsius, yesterday. Comfy, isn't it? :-p
 
Last edited:
I'm so glad that I don't live in a desert.

High's in the 70's and lows in the 50's all week. :approve:
 
Yeah...I grew up in Minnesota, so to me, there's no such thing as too hot.

What really sucks, weather-wise, is that ended up going to grad school in the upper mid-west as well (though at least it's a few degrees south of where I used to live). Don't get me wrong, I love my new school in every other respect, but it just occurred to me the other day that grad school was my chance to move somewhere warmer, and I didn't even apply anywhere in the South! Oh well...
 
It's going to be pretty comfy around here
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/756/temp1sn4.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
moose said:
http://www.twilightus.net/adam/weather.gif
:cry: :cry:

Wow - above the boiling point four days in a row.
 
George Jones said:
Wow - above the boiling point four days in a row.
I blame global warming/Al Gore.
 
Its around 80 in these parts, humid as all heck though...which makes it worse.
 
Geez, yesterday I was out planting trees at a farm and nearly froze to death! There was a howling wind, and it was cold! I had on a sweater and jacket over top and gloves and I still thought I was going to freeze to death. Although I think I would rather that than having insanely hot temperatures like that!
 
If it makes you feel better,
493347230_d4a791fe7a.jpg
 
There's going to be some ****ed up weather going on this summer.
 
here it will soon be 95 every day, accompanied by 80 percent of moister. i can stand the heat, since it matters less when in shadow, and cold at night. high moister means: hot anywhere, anytime, and all the sweat... bah
 
Last edited:
Chumps. We've got highs in the 70s for the next 10 days.
 
We are hovering in the sixties and low seventies with rain predicted on Tuesday.

Anything over 70F is too hot.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Anything over 70F is too hot.
My thoughts exactly.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Anything over 70F is too hot.

Evo said:
My thoughts exactly.

Hi.How are things in Pluto? :-p
 
Today, we were supposed to get maybe 70 degrees. It's 78 in the shade right now. I shouldn't complain, but when it's too hot to split and stack firewood in early May, something is wrong. Yesterday, I split wood until late morning when the temps got to around 80, then I took out the Softail and ran some parsnips up to my dad. I wanted to keep riding and get some miles in, but when looked in the rear-view and saw how flushed my face was, I headed home. It was over 90 in the shade when I got back here. That's not too unusual in late July or August, but early May?! One year in high school I skied on the south face of a local kettle-hole (steep-walled depression in an esker) near my parent's place in June after school was out. I guess I could move from Maine to northern Quebec to enjoy the winters of my childhood.
 
neutrino said:
Hi.How are things in Pluto? :-p
Kansas is too hot for me. Heck! Maine is too hot for me. But Madras? How are things on Venus?
 
turbo-1 said:
Kansas is too hot for me. Heck! Maine is too hot for me. But Madras? How are things on Venus?

I'm ready even for an acid-rain. :wink:
 
neutrino said:
Hi.How are things in Pluto? :-p

The last time that he had an x-ray, the dwarf Doc said that things looked goofy.
 
We set a new record for warm temperature yesterday - but it was only warm (88F) - but it was humid (> 80% Rel Hum).

This afternoon just after lunch we had a thundershower roll through and now we have a tornado watch.
 
Astronuc said:
- but it was only warm (88F) - but it was humid (> 80% Rel Hum).

It's sometime past midnight, now and that's about the weather here. I think we hit 43/110 yesterday.
 
We were in the 50's last night, 60's yesterday, 60's today, low tonight and tomorrow in the 40's. (fahrenheit). :!)
 
Evo said:
We were in the 50's last night, 60's yesterday, 60's today, low tonight and tomorrow in the 40's. (fahrenheit). :!)

Go on, rub it in...
 
neutrino said:
Go on, rub it in...
Give her hell! It's not like she's going to fly 12,000 miles to smack you with a frozen fish. :rolleyes: Although that might be the coolest that you'd be all day. :smile:
 
I prefer temperatures in the desert about 100F. Here in Portland I'm very comfortable at about 80F. I'm usually feeling pretty cold.
 
Evo said:
We were in the 50's last night, 60's yesterday, 60's today, low tonight and tomorrow in the 40's. (fahrenheit). :!)
Trade you. :biggrin:

I would prefer ~ 70°F (21°C) with about 40-50% humidity and sunny, on a daily basis, with 2 cm of rain each Friday evening - year round. :smile: