What is the traditional New Year's Eve meal in Peru?
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
119 replies · 19K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
What is the meaning of all of the bodies squashed together in what looks like painful torture?arildno said:Indeed, it is a very big monolith.
rewebster
- 883
- 2
Moonbear said:I thought it was a giant orgy on a giant phallus.![]()
new slogan for Norway:
"When in Norway, See the Giant orgy on the Giant Phallus"
rewebster
- 883
- 2
Kurdt said:Well i wouldn't call it big.
Norway?
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
But there are babies and children...Moonbear said:I thought it was a giant orgy on a giant phallus.![]()
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 7,213
- 26
Do you have any idea what babysitters charge in Norway?Evo said:But there are babies and children...
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Oh geeze, I just spit all over my computer.Gokul43201 said:Do you have any idea what babysitters charge in Norway?
rewebster
- 883
- 2
Evo said:Oh geeze, I just spit all over my computer.
Quick--back away from the computer!
rewebster
- 883
- 2
What else is there to do on those cold Norwegian nights that last for six months?
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
Certainly not DURING the giant orgies, though, so who invited the kids?Moonbear said:Yes, giant orgies can lead to those.![]()
rewebster
- 883
- 2
maybe it's a TRIBUTE to the ORGIES----and the aftermath
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 10,165
- 138
It is meant to portray the struggle of life in how we tear and trample and make love to each other.Evo said:What is the meaning of all of the bodies squashed together in what looks like painful torture?
The resolution is found at its very top, the dome is made out of joining hands.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 8,252
- 2,666
Circa 2000
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4656/topbirdiiwc1.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4656/topbirdiiwc1.jpg
Last edited by a moderator:
gardkarlsen
Hi
I see that you guys have posted pictures of Smalehove. These pictures were actually taken by me...and I ate the head
this is actually quite a popular dish especially around Christmas time and in the west of the country. And believe it or not...it is quite tasty (well, if you leave the eye out of this). So if you come to Norway in the wintertime be sure to try it...eating local food is an important part of the culture. That is why I tried cuy in Peru...fried guinea pig :-)
Regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
I see that you guys have posted pictures of Smalehove. These pictures were actually taken by me...and I ate the head
Regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
gardkarlsen said:
:!) What a handsome-looking Nordic man. Welcome to PF
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
Kurdt said:Do you want your children roasting their small pets?![]()
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
I know, the first thing that came to mind was OMG! He's killed the Fruit Bat!
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Uh-Oh, just thinking about MIH's other thread. <cough>Math Is Hard said::!) What a handsome-looking Nordic man. Welcome to PF![]()
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
Evo said:I know, the first thing that came to mind was OMG! He's killed the Fruit Bat!
Ricco!

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
Astronuc said:I was thinking about the same thing. <cough> <cough>
So, how's the Nordic donor list looking?
I've narrowed it down to Olaf and Sven.
Lisa!
Gold Member
- 672
- 96
Was it really a dog?I'm sorry but I have to say !You know it wouldn't have made any difference for me even if it was a ship or a fish . <note that I'm not a vegetarian>gardkarlsen said:Hi
I see that you guys have posted pictures of Smalehove. These pictures were actually taken by me...and I ate the headthis is actually quite a popular dish especially around Christmas time and in the west of the country. And believe it or not...it is quite tasty (well, if you leave the eye out of this). So if you come to Norway in the wintertime be sure to try it...eating local food is an important part of the culture. That is why I tried cuy in Peru...fried guinea pig :-)
Regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Regards
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
I think he's eating one of these..
deep fried.
Although those Peruvian Guinea Pigs seem awfully large!
deep fried.
Although those Peruvian Guinea Pigs seem awfully large!
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
Wiki said:Peruvians consume an estimated 65 million guinea pigs each year, and the animal is so entrenched in the culture that one famous painting of the Last Supper in the main cathedral in Cusco shows Christ and the twelve disciples dining on guinea pig.

Similar threads
- DrSirius
- · Replies 4 ·
- Astronomy, Astrophysics, Cosmology
- Replies
- 4
- moriheru
- · Replies 5 ·
- Science and Math Textbooks
- Replies
- 5
- kote
- · Replies 60 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 60
- Math Is Hard
- · Replies 2 ·
- Art, History, and Linguistics
- Replies
- 2
