Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is this surgery or operation called?

  1. May 14, 2015 #1
    Operation in which a tube with camera is inserted into body to the heart . I do not know further details about this operation but I can't understand what is this operation called ? I heard like electroscopic operation . Is it right or not?
  2. jcsd
  3. May 14, 2015 #2


    User Avatar
    Gold Member

    It is called cartheterization. It is done by cutting into an artery, generally in the thigh but it can be in the arm, and then running the catheter from there to the heart. There are versions that allow viewing through the catheter and there are versions that also allow the catheter to insert a stint into the artery. Google "catheterization" for more discussion.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Similar Discussions: What is this surgery or operation called?
  1. What are these called? (Replies: 9)

  2. What does it call? (Replies: 1)

  3. Open heart surgery (Replies: 7)

  4. Extreme back surgery (Replies: 3)

  5. Plastic surgery (Replies: 1)