What is your most treasured possession

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
wolram
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

I do not have one as i believe possessions can not be taken with you when you die, but do you have a most treasured possession?

Answers and Replies

Jonathan Scott
Gold Member
My most irreplaceable possession seems to be my distance spectacle frames, which are about 35 years old; they don't make anything like them any more, and I've never found any new frames anywhere near as comfortable (the lenses are large, "aviator" style) so I always get new lenses made for the same frames, but I'm afraid that one day they will break.

Dembadon
Gold Member
I do not have one as i believe possessions can not be taken with you when you die, but do you have a most treasured possession?
Mine is probably the thousands of pictures I have of family, friends, and the special moments they depict.

I do not have one as i believe possessions can not be taken with you when you die
Well, of course not, but don't you have some possession right now that you value highly?

I don't think good health counts as a possession, but that is something that I am very thankful for, and that I value very highly.

Of my actual possessions, this one is up near the top, my 1948-ish HD Panhead:
IMG_0717.JPG

My collection of history books, and math/physics textbooks, as well as my guitars. My first to grab would be my Gibson Les Paul and Martin acoustic.

wolram
Gold Member
Well, of course not, but don't you have some possession right now that you value highly?

I don't think good health counts as a possession, but that is something that I am very thankful for, and that I value very highly.

Of my actual possessions, this one is up near the top, my 1948-ish HD Panhead:
View attachment 97339
No i have nothing of value right now, as for your 1948 Panhead it is a lovely bike, even if i can admire some thing i do not want to own it.

My most treasured possession is alway, generically, my car. I say "generically" because it's never the specific car I treasure, just the fact that any car allows me to get around so much more conveniently than otherwise.

After having lost one of my valued possessions, I have come to the philosophical conclusion, it is all just stuff. My most valued treasures are my loved ones.

My most valuable possession is my new lap top PC with touch screen. The reason why I value it is the same as zooby's.

Almost everything mine and around me. Their existence completes mine and indicates my possessions of them.
Once I thought what I had lost would remain as an open wound that time could never have healed. But later I realized I had been severely *possessed* by those materials instead of me being their owner who should have possessed them. It is the worst obsession I've ever had.

Probably my Fender Stratocaster*:

25175909794_654380610c_n.jpg

* But after one of my dear cats died about a year ago I came to the stark realisation how little inanimate possessions like these actually mean to me. But then again, we are all going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones:
25176219394_07a8db933a_o.jpg

wolram
Gold Member
Probably my Fender Stratocaster*:

25175909794_654380610c_n.jpg

* But after one of my dear cats died about a year ago I came to the stark realisation how little inanimate possessions like these actually mean to me. But then again, we are all going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones:
25176219394_07a8db933a_o.jpg
Ooo nice guitar i bet that cost an arm and a leg.

A small collection of artifacts, a few Egyptian from different Dynasties and an Etruscan piece. Though I feel no pride of possession I feel a strong responsibility to preserve. After my wife and the dog they would come first in a fire.

OCR
But after one of my dear cats died about a year ago...
If they qualify as possessions ... yes, definitely our cats ...[COLOR=#black]..[/COLOR] :heart:

neymaster
I have a musical instrument collection. 27 different musical instruments.
I can play about a half of them.

Fervent Freyja
Gold Member
That would probably be my eyes.

256bits
Gold Member
Almost everything mine and around me. Their existence completes mine and indicates my possessions of them.
Once I thought what I had lost would remain as an open wound that time could never have healed. But later I realized I had been severely *possessed* by those materials instead of me being their owner who should have possessed them. It is the worst obsession I've ever had.
Isn't that the truth a lot of the time.
Ones possessions having such a hold on you. You can't get rid of it because of "make up a reason"
But when its gone, it is soon forgotten.
The winner is the one with the most junk at the end, as that comedian said.

wolram
Gold Member
If they qualify as possessions ... yes, definitely our cats ...[COLOR=#black]..[/COLOR] :heart:
Cats are not possessions they own there owner:biggrin:

Don't really have one. Anything is replaceable. Photos carry memories but these days we get flooded with pictures.

wolram
Gold Member
That would probably be my eyes.
And if the rest of you complements your eyes then coor.:biggrin:

OCR
Cats are not possessions they own there owner:biggrin:
Lol, yes they do...[COLOR=#black]..[/COLOR]:oldwink:[COLOR=#black]...[/COLOR] :oldbiggrin:

I don't know yet. I'll tell you once I lose it. You know... because they say:
Nobody knows what they have until they lose it.
:-p

Box of memories where I keep various souvenirs and little gifts from dear people. But I'm not overly attached to it, I always put things inside but never take time to take them out and remind myself. Maybe I'm not old enough yet :-)
I don't own anything especially valuable or precious. I'm proudly owned by a black cat and a crazy cockerspaniel.

wolram
Gold Member
Box of memories where I keep various souvenirs and little gifts from dear people. But I'm not overly attached to it, I always put things inside but never take time to take them out and remind myself. Maybe I'm not old enough yet :-)
I don't own anything especially valuable or precious. I'm proudly owned by a black cat and a crazy cockerspaniel.
Gosh how old do you have to be to have a treasured possession:biggrin: i love it you have a cocker spaniel and a cat.

Gosh how old do you have to be to have a treasured possession[emoji3] i love it you have a cocker spaniel and a cat.
I don't know but I'm not particularly fond of things and I don't have any hobbies that require special equipment.
I like coffee and good food and magnesium salt in my bath :-) but all of these come and go away so I don't consider them to be possessions.
Oh! Now something come to my mind! It's a 50 years old Teddy bear that my mum got when she was 5 and he was my favourite toy, too! His name is Mishko (little Michael). I almost forgot about him because I haven't seen him for ages! But yes, I would definitely save him in case of fire right after family, pets and important documents. He definitely is more valuable than my memory box.