What is your opinion on cannabis?

• Thread starter BLUE_CHIP
  • Start date
You do realize that it has already been decriminalized in 11 U.S. States, and that Canada announcing that it had/has intention of following the same route has brought us forewarnings of "increased border waiting times" for trucks/truckers bringing Canadian Goods to American markets....

Kerrie
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Originally posted by russ_watters
I've heard that arguement a lot and I don't buy it. To me its like the Detroit 80mpg carburator conspiracy theory. They don't call it a "stupid drug" because of its acute effects, they call it a "stupid drug" because of its chronic effects. Thats what separates it from alchohol.

All that said, I'm a big believer in freedom, so I'm fairly ambivalent about keeping it illegal. The government does need to crack the whip on cigarette companies though.

what is your reason for not buying it? did you not read where i specified the difference between hemp and the THC rich flower? did you not know that it was legal and never a problem in the united states until it became illegal? did you not read that our founding fathers of this country used it for the industrial uses? russ, i dare you to research the pro-hemp websites to see what the other side says...it would seem to me that you don't buy this because of your bias set in place against marijuana itself...

as far as the "stupid" drug stigma it carries, again people need to take responsibilities for their actions and not place the blame on something else...

oh yea, i can almost bet by your "tone" in your post, you have never inhaled for yourself...

Originally posted by kyleb
ya you were dealing with a drug dealer who had a criminal mentality. if it were legal you could have picked up your pot at a local smokeshop and not had to worry about any knife welding delinquents.

criminalizing victimless crimes only leads to providing criminals with more opportunities to victimize people, this main reason i think that drugs should be legal.

No I was dealing with an addict who wanted what I had. Legalizing addictive drugs will lead to more people taking the drug which will lead to more addicts. Some addicts don't care where the drug is sold, they will do whatever it takes to get it. The more people who become addicted the more people who will become that kind of addict.

hypnagogue
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Good thing marijauna isn't physically addictive then.

Originally posted by tribdog
No I was dealing with an addict who wanted what I had. Legalizing addictive drugs will lead to more people taking the drug which will lead to more addicts. Some addicts don't care where the drug is sold, they will do whatever it takes to get it. The more people who become addicted the more people who will become that kind of addict.
So, clearly, you are FOR criminalizing Both, Alcohol and cigarettes, right?

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons
So, clearly, you are FOR criminalizing Both, Alcohol and cigarettes, right?
Actually Ì was àrguing against the legalization of drugs not the criminalization of anything, there is a difference. And don't tell me that alcohol and nicotine are drugs too. That's the arguement of someone who just doesn't understand how some people handle addiction. I've never met someone offering blow jobs for a pack of Marlboros.
I'm one of the most apathetic people around and I really don't care if they legalize drugs, or criminalize alcohol and cigarettes, I just think it is a bad idea to do either.

Your statement:
(SNIP)"...Legalizing addictive drugs...." (SNoP)
is clearly then misleading, as for the rest of your last post....

Actually Ì was àrguing against the legalization of drugs not the criminalization of anything, there is a difference. Not really anti-legalization = Status quo = criminal! And don't tell me that alcohol and nicotine are drugs too. Why not? they are! That's the arguement of someone who just doesn't understand how some people handle addiction. Funny, by Gods Grace I have successfully quit BOTH alcohol and DRUGS, and your gonna tell me about it, right???? I've never met someone offering blow jobs for a pack of Marlboros. Obviously you just don't get around enough, really obvious considering my present living arrangements...
I'm one of the most apathetic people around and I really don't care if they legalize drugs, or criminalize alcohol and cigarettes, I just think it is a bad idea to do either. So we shouldn't even attempt to talk about potential remedies, or situations, that can be arranged, that might actually help addicts to quit....let me put it this way...If you DO NOT CARE why the heck are you posting?
HUH?

Another issue/apsect of the use of addictive substances is the very simple fact of it's "social" nature...all the drinkers know alcohol as a "Social Lubricant" due to it's ability to get shy people out of there shells, (NOT always what you want to do, especially under the influence of alcohol as sometimes what comes out is .... ) and the similar/same is somewhat true for Cannabis inasmuch as it is a 'socializer' by way of participation, gets you into the particiating group....it's actually/factually somewhat worse, with Cannabis, inasmuchas the criminality that is associated with it's possession, introduces the idea of it now being a "Criminal Conspiracy" in it's social bonding/binding use/ability..."In for a penny....in for a pound{?}")

In scientific studies it has been seen that Cannabis will induce 'specific brainwave pattern(s)' (in everyone) and this would easily lend credibility to the idea that it promotes/generates a "common harmonic" in the cranial system. All of the people you use with, will have this common harmonic, and will follow it's decay rates, at roughly the same rate as all of the rest of the (common/casual/group) users, given "common indulgence" timing, "group harmony" should be simpler to achieve, as there is a baseline brainwave that is mutually common amongst 'collusional/colluding' users.....

So we would end up finding out that some got hooked/addicted simply because of things like 'social' shyness, social ineptitude, lack of social (interactivety) training and resultant skillset(s), as the drug simply facilitated there 'entrance into a (social) group', something that they probably couldn't have, successfully, done, otherwise...

So we would end up jailing an addict, because they needed an "assistant" to help them make (new) friends...WOW!