What is your school work organization system?

In summary, you use a folder for each class with one notebook for notes and one notebook for homework. You also keep a general notebook for everything else.
GirlInDoubt
What is your school work organization system? For example, how many binders do you use (one for each class, only one, or one at home and one in back pack, etc). Do you use the monthly or weekly part of your planner, or both? Please give me details of how you successfully keep yourself and your work organized. As a college freshmen, I really have no idea. Back in high school, I used a plastic folder and threw EVERYTHING in it. At one point, a one subject plastic folder, designed to hold perhaps 10 sheets of paper at most, was stuffed with 200+ pieces of paper! I know this just will not work in college... right?

I ask this in the Physics board because I know that if one is able to do well in Physics and in other subjects in school, one has planned his/her time very well and is very well organized... or tell me if my assumption is wrong. lol Thanks so much for your help.

Physics news on Phys.org
One folder, one notebook for notes, one notebook for homework that isn't typed per class. A general "scratch notebook" for everything else.

Everyone is different though.

One notebook per class (with included folder), one notebook for homework, one notebook for scratch work.

No planners, schedules, or calendars - all due dates and appointments are stored mentally (I've never been late or missed an assignment).

i tried big binders, but they became to massive to carry around, so you might want to keep 1 HUGE binder at home for an entire course, and a smaller one for daily use, then transfer old notes / homework to it as you complete sections of the course. then for the final everything is already in order and documented.

for daily use:

technical classes: 1-1.5" binder for each class, and a folder. i punch holes in printer paper and fill the binder with that, pulling 10 sheets out for class notes, or whatever is appropriate, date and number each page as i go, and replace them in order at the end of lecture. the folder is for hand outs, practice problems, etc. handouts get hole punched and put back into the binder corresponding to the date, same goes for graded hw, tests, etc. this is for all math / science / engineering.

non-technical courses: i put everything in 1 durable folder that gets pretty beefy over the length of the course, and use a 1-sub spiral notebook that i don't remove the sheets from to take notes every day. i don't skip pages, but date the start of every lecture.

in the past I've used assignment planners to input the CONFIRMED exam dates for all of my courses from the syllabus on the first day, but the school I am at now is pretty flaky on those dates, and have flown by the seat of my pants this semester with respect to that.

As a scientist, organization is a crucial aspect of my work. In terms of my school work organization system, I use a combination of binders and a planner to keep myself and my work organized.

For each class, I have a designated binder where I keep all of my notes, handouts, and assignments. This helps me keep all of my materials for a particular class in one place, making it easier to access and review them when needed. I also have a separate binder for lab materials and experiments.

In addition to binders, I also use a planner to keep track of my schedule and assignments. I prefer to use a monthly planner where I can see the entire month at a glance and then use the weekly pages for more detailed planning. This allows me to plan ahead and stay on top of deadlines for assignments and exams.

To successfully keep myself organized, I have a few key strategies. First, I make sure to review my planner and binders regularly to stay on top of upcoming assignments and exams. I also color-code my notes and assignments, using different colors for different classes, which helps me visually distinguish between them.

Another important aspect of my organization system is setting aside dedicated study time for each class. This helps me stay on top of my workload and ensures that I am not cramming for exams at the last minute.

As for your assumption about doing well in Physics and other subjects requiring good organization, I would say it definitely plays a role. In order to succeed in any subject, it is important to have a well-organized system in place to manage your workload and stay on top of assignments and exams.

I hope this provides some insight into my school work organization system. Every individual may have a different system that works for them, so it's important to find what works best for you and stick with it. Good luck with your studies!

What is your school work organization system?

My school work organization system involves using a planner or calendar to keep track of important dates and deadlines, breaking down large tasks into smaller manageable chunks, and prioritizing tasks based on urgency and importance.

How do you stay on top of your school work?

I stay on top of my school work by regularly reviewing my planner or calendar, setting aside dedicated time for studying and completing assignments, and seeking help from teachers or peers when needed.

Do you use any specific tools or apps to help with organization?

Yes, I use digital tools such as Google Calendar and Trello to keep track of important dates and tasks. I also use physical tools like color-coded folders and sticky notes to help with organization.

How do you prioritize your school work?

I prioritize my school work by considering the due dates and importance of each task. I also take into account my own strengths and weaknesses, and focus on completing tasks that require more time or effort first.

What do you do when you fall behind on school work?

If I fall behind on school work, I try to catch up by creating a plan to complete the missed tasks, seeking help from teachers or peers, and adjusting my study habits to prevent falling behind in the future.