What it's REALLY like to be around Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Thread starter Doc Al
  • Start date
In summary: The most prominent buzz word repeater of our time.Neil is so CUTE! How can you not love him?This is the first time I have seen Doc Al joking! :eek:Hahah. I will probably see Neil in my dreams tonight,popping out of nowhere and start giving me lectures.In summary, Neil deGrasse Tyson is a very popular astrophysicist who is known for his wit and humor. He is also a big fan of Carl Sagan and Bill Nye the Science Guy.
Doc Al
Mentor
1991.gif

Likes 1 person
Physics news on Phys.org
That's funny, thanks Doc!

This is the first time I have seen Doc Al joking! :eek:
Hahah. I will probably see Neil in my dreams tonight,popping out of nowhere and start giving me lectures.

I want to work there :(

sagan-man.png

And thus the mantle was passed on...

Likes 1 person
micromass said:
i-cant-hear-you-over-the-sound-of-how-awesome-science-is.jpe

What an awesome tie!

reenmachine said:
What an awesome tie!

That tie worries me. The only person I've seen wearing a tie like that in real life was a fully signed up member of the Aetherius Society. (I'm not going to post a link that will be deleted as crackpottery!)

I think the tie is great and I love Neil deGrasse Tyson! To the Cosmos and beyond!

The most prominent buzz word repeater of our time.

Neil is so CUTE! How can you not love him?

adjacent said:
This is the first time I have seen Doc Al joking! :eek:
Hahah. I will probably see Neil in my dreams tonight,popping out of nowhere and start giving me lectures.

Oh come now... He made a joke as recently as 2003.

Don't tell me it's time I learned LaTeX...

Dreadfully bad at making smilies though. That looks somewhat like a one-eyed mutant smiley.

OmCheeto said:
Oh come now... He made a joke as recently as 2003.
I'm working on some new material. You guys just wait!

Dreadfully bad at making smilies though. That looks somewhat like a one-eyed mutant smiley.
:uhh: :redface:

Doc Al said:
I'm working on some new material. You guys just wait!

:uhh: :redface:

It was popular, in my day.

http://www.northernsun.com/images/imagelarge/Mutants-For-Nuclear-Power-Button-(0016).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Doc Al said:
1991.gif

The second comic is hilarious! I actually felt that way during the semester.

Watch new episode of cosmos, or do my lab reports...

This has to be like the most awesome forum thread I've ever read. Doc Al, you made my day. lol. :D

"Neil, as much as I appreciate you constantly blowing my mind..." epic.

Can't wait for Cosmos Episode 12 to get released. :/

interhacker said:
Can't wait for Cosmos Episode 12 to get released. :/

I missed the last episode :(
I will watch the next one by hook or by crook.

Likes 1 person
Evo said:
Neil is so CUTE! How can you not love him?

My mom sort of makes fun of him actually. When I showed her Cosmos: A Space-time Odyssey she said something like, "Couldn't they find any better looking guy to host the series? Like the previous one, Carl something." (As can be seen, my mom isn't particularly into physics :D ). I think he's awesome though. I'm a big fan of both Neil deGrasse Tyson and Carl Sagan, not to mention Bill Nye the Science Guy.

1. What is Neil deGrasse Tyson like in person?

Neil deGrasse Tyson is incredibly intelligent and knowledgeable, yet down-to-earth and approachable. He is also known for his wit and humor, making him a pleasure to be around.

2. Is Neil deGrasse Tyson as passionate about science in person as he is on TV?

Yes, Neil deGrasse Tyson is just as passionate about science in person as he is on TV. He has a natural curiosity and enthusiasm for all things related to science and loves sharing his knowledge with others.

3. What is it like to have a conversation with Neil deGrasse Tyson?

Having a conversation with Neil deGrasse Tyson is an enlightening experience. He is a great listener and always willing to engage in thoughtful discussions about a wide range of scientific topics.

4. Does Neil deGrasse Tyson have a big ego?

No, Neil deGrasse Tyson is known for his humility and approachability despite his fame and success. He has a genuine passion for science and sharing his knowledge with others, rather than seeking attention or recognition for himself.

5. How does Neil deGrasse Tyson inspire others?

Neil deGrasse Tyson inspires others through his passion for science and his ability to make complex concepts understandable and relatable. He also encourages critical thinking and curiosity, inspiring others to explore the wonders of the universe.