What it's REALLY like to be around Neil deGrasse Tyson
- Thread starter Doc Al
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
18 replies · 5K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Discussion
- 20,002
- 11,119
haha I do wonder! Good one Doc Al!
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
That's funny, thanks Doc!
adjacent
Gold Member
- 1,552
- 62
This is the first time I have seen Doc Al joking! 
Hahah. I will probably see Neil in my dreams tonight,popping out of nowhere and start giving me lectures.
Hahah. I will probably see Neil in my dreams tonight,popping out of nowhere and start giving me lectures.
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 5,850
- 554
I want to work there :(
Enigman
- 647
- 311
And thus the mantle was passed on...
- 22,170
- 3,335
reenmachine
Gold Member
- 514
- 9
micromass said:![]()
What an awesome tie!
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 6,999
- 299
reenmachine said:What an awesome tie!
That tie worries me. The only person I've seen wearing a tie like that in real life was a fully signed up member of the Aetherius Society. (I'm not going to post a link that will be deleted as crackpottery!)
lenell
- 4
- 0
I think the tie is great and I love Neil deGrasse Tyson! To the Cosmos and beyond!
HomogenousCow
- 736
- 213
The most prominent buzz word repeater of our time.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Neil is so CUTE! How can you not love him?
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,660
adjacent said:This is the first time I have seen Doc Al joking!
Hahah. I will probably see Neil in my dreams tonight,popping out of nowhere and start giving me lectures.
Oh come now... He made a joke as recently as 2003.
Don't tell me it's time I learned LaTeX...
Dreadfully bad at making smilies though. That looks somewhat like a one-eyed mutant smiley.
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,660
Doc Al said:I'm working on some new material. You guys just wait!
![]()
![]()
It was popular, in my day.
http://www.northernsun.com/images/imagelarge/Mutants-For-Nuclear-Power-Button-(0016).jpg
Last edited by a moderator:
Dembadon
Gold Member
- 660
- 88
Doc Al said:![]()
The second comic is hilarious! I actually felt that way during the semester.
Watch new episode of cosmos, or do my lab reports...
interhacker
Gold Member
- 64
- 4
This has to be like the most awesome forum thread I've ever read. Doc Al, you made my day. lol. :D
"Neil, as much as I appreciate you constantly blowing my mind..." epic.
Can't wait for Cosmos Episode 12 to get released. :/
"Neil, as much as I appreciate you constantly blowing my mind..." epic.
Can't wait for Cosmos Episode 12 to get released. :/
adjacent
Gold Member
- 1,552
- 62
interhacker said:Can't wait for Cosmos Episode 12 to get released. :/
I missed the last episode :(
I will watch the next one by hook or by crook.
interhacker
Gold Member
- 64
- 4
Evo said:Neil is so CUTE! How can you not love him?
My mom sort of makes fun of him actually. When I showed her Cosmos: A Space-time Odyssey she said something like, "Couldn't they find any better looking guy to host the series? Like the previous one, Carl something." (As can be seen, my mom isn't particularly into physics :D ). I think he's awesome though. I'm a big fan of both Neil deGrasse Tyson and Carl Sagan, not to mention Bill Nye the Science Guy.
Similar threads
- willym
- · Replies 15 ·
- Classical Physics
- Replies
- 15
- rootone
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 2
- cnh1995
- · Replies 15 ·
- Electromagnetism
- Replies
- 15
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 26 ·
- Other Physics Topics
- Replies
- 26
- Nick tringali
- · Replies 4 ·
- Other Physics Topics
- Replies
- 4
- dodo
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- RunSwimSurf
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 1 ·
- Other Physics Topics
- Replies
- 1
- hankaaron
- · Replies 15 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 15
- fishtail
- · Replies 17 ·
- Astronomy, Astrophysics, Cosmology
- Replies
- 17
