Well I'm a computer science major and I am interning with IBM and all I do is sit at my desk all day and program.
I do however get up to drink coffee.
I'll help my mentor do things that requires me to help people, but mainly, its a desk job!
when you say "Like create things" what do you mean?
You create and design software everyday which is fun to me, but if you mean physical things, you might want to look into EE or CE, its more hands on design.
My uncle on the other hand is the only Programmer at the company he works at, so he's making big bucks, but he's also the TECH GUY. Meaning he does everything related to computers, very busy, but always doing something new.
Its really hard to get this type of position though because not many company's will just have 1 tech guy, they will have less qualified people to fix computers (like computer tech people) and Comp Sci to do the software design/programming. Computer ENgineers or Information System Technology majors to network admin, etc.