What journal to choose? My article contains a big table

In summary, the person is searching for a journal to submit their article, which includes a large table with 3 columns and 3000 rows. They have found two potential journals, Atomic Data and Nuclear Data Tables and Nuclear Data Sheets, but are concerned about their low impact factor of 2. They are looking for a similar journal with a higher impact factor of 3.5 or more and are seeking guidance. Additionally, it is suggested that the person should read other journals to improve their understanding and credibility in their field. They are also advised to consider how to handle their large dataset and determine if all 3000 rows are necessary for their publication.
alizade
dear physicts

I am searching about a journal to submit my article

my article contains a big table (3 column and 3000 rows)

I found:

Atomic Data and Nuclear Data Tables

Nuclear Data Sheets

but Impact Factor of these two journals are low (about 2)

I want a same journal but by High Impact (more than 3.5)

please guide me

Physics news on Phys.org
It's pretty clear you aren't reading any journals. Since you're not reading any journals, the odds are that your "article" is unpublishable. Furthermore, wanting to publish without wanting to read what others are publishing is like saying you want to talk but don't want to listen. Many scientists (and other people0 find this off-putting.

Likes mfb
All fields have established methods to handle big datasets - typically they are provided as auxiliary data in some way and the main publication only discusses how the measurements were done and so on, and highlights a few results. Check what previous publications did. And figure out if these 3000 rows are really all interesting.

1. What factors should I consider when choosing a journal for my article with a big table?

When choosing a journal for your article with a big table, you should consider the scope and focus of the journal, the relevance of your research to the journal's audience, the impact factor and reputation of the journal, the open access options, and the submission guidelines for tables and figures.

2. Can I include a large table in my article if I choose a journal with a lower page limit?

While each journal has its own specific guidelines, it is generally recommended to avoid including large tables in articles with strict page limits. You may need to consider choosing a journal with more flexible page limits or finding alternative ways to present the data in your table, such as creating an online supplement or condensing the table into a figure.

3. What are some journals known for publishing articles with big tables?

Some journals that are known for publishing articles with big tables include PLOS ONE, Scientific Reports, and Nature Communications. However, it is important to evaluate each journal individually to determine if it is the best fit for your specific research and table.

4. How can I ensure that my table will be clear and legible in the journal's formatting?

To ensure that your table will be clear and legible in the journal's formatting, it is important to follow the submission guidelines for tables and figures. This may include using a specific font size, formatting the table in a certain way, or providing a high-resolution image of the table.

5. Is it better to choose a general or specialized journal for my article with a big table?

The answer to this question depends on the specific research and table in your article. If your table is relevant to a specialized field, it may be better to choose a specialized journal that caters to that audience. However, if your table is applicable to a broader audience, a general journal may be a better choice for maximum visibility and impact.