Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What kind of authority do the Advisors have?

1. Apr 21, 2003 #1
    I don't know if this is the right Forum to post this thread, but I have a question. What kind of authority do the Advisors have? I know the scope of the Mentors' authority and that of the Administrator, but I never understood what the Advisors are capable of.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 21, 2003 #2
    Good question,

Advisors are a selected few that have shown their dedication towards bettering PF in many ways. They are distingished, trusted and look to improve PF for the future. Advisors look after the principles of the forum and can contribute ideas and help problem solve forum issues. Everything you'd expect from an advisor. They don't have any duties per say, think of them as forum representatives. Does that help, or do you have a more specific question I can help you with?
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2003
  4. Apr 21, 2003 #3
    That makes sense. I think such people deserve respect.

I was wondering, though, are they allowed to edit others' posts, if the contents are unacceptable?
  5. Apr 21, 2003 #4
    No Mentat they can't, but they obviously have a large say in whether a post should be edited or not.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?