• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

What low cost project can a physics student embark on?

• Thread starter Harold139
  • Start date
Summary: i am studying industrial physics and renewable energy. i need a project i can easily do that is not too expensive and not very complex. Thanks

i am studying industrial physics and renewable energy. i need a project i can easily do that is not too expensive and not very complex. Thanks

I would suggest that you explain what "industrial physics and renewable energy " is, how it has evolved since the 1700s and what it means to the future. The internet is vast and showing how you attacked this idea and gathered information from the internet can be well documented and presented. Information management is essential for your field and showing how it can be done is a key insight, the path to the AI and problem-solving.

Thank you for your reply. what i really want is something more practical.

I might be able to suggest something different but I do not know what you consider practical. My suggestion only required access to the internet, access to a printer and some means of presenting your results, basically a wall on which to past the printed images and text. What do you not find practical in this scenario? Perhaps there are project constraints that you have not shared with this forum?

Here is an example, from the phys site, we have a definition, "Industrial physics is the application of physics knowledge and principles to the design and manufacturing of products and services," You could present how, before people had such knowledge, they made products or developed and delivered services. You might also cover and show how knowledge does not always include understanding.