What makes Gokul a beloved physicist and inspiration to others?

• Thread starter jcsd
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, the conversation revolves around a thread dedicated to Gokul, an Indian-American physicist who has reached 3000 posts. Members of the forum express their appreciation and admiration for Gokul, with some joking about airport security detaining him and planning a bachelor party for him. A member named Marlon also shares a humorous poem about Gokul's airport adventure.
Hey, who tried to set Gokul on fire?!

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
Hey, who tried to set Gokul on fire?!
We were just partying. Freebird was blasting and we were hoisting a few flaming drinks when Gokul just happened by and, well, I made an effigy of him, and put it on a pole and, well...Tsu likes him better than me :cry: , so I sort of, well...set him on fire :rolleyes: and...But I stamped him out right away. :blushing: :redface:

Artman said:
Tsu doesn't like me anymore. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Oh, Artman! I'm so sorry! Your post was on the previous page and I was on a landline and didn't have time to look back that far. I'm just old and forgetful about who has posted in each threadl! :rolleyes:

WE LOVE OUR ARTMAN! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Artman said:
We were just partying. Freebird was blasting and we were hoisting a few flaming drinks when Gokul just happened by and, well, I made an effigy of him, and put it on a pole and, well...Tsu likes him better than me :cry: , so I sort of, well...set him on fire :rolleyes: and...But I stamped him out right away. :blushing: :redface:
We all love you Artman! I'm sure even Gokul loves you (after all you did stamp him out right away!). And as soon as he's released from the emergency room for the cuts, burns and sprains, he'll tell you so himself! :approve:

Tsu said:
Oh, Artman! I'm so sorry! Your post was on the previous page and I was on a landline and didn't have time to look back that far. I'm just old and forgetful about who has posted in each threadl! :rolleyes:

WE LOVE OUR ARTMAN! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Thanks Tsu! :!)

I guess I should apologize to Gokul now. :redface: Sorry Gokul, next time I set you on fire, I'll put you out with water instead of stamping on you. (Unless of course it's a chemical fire! Then I probably should stamp.
) o:)

Evo said:
We all love you Artman! I'm sure even Gokul loves you (after all you did stamp him out right away!). And as soon as he's released from the emergency room for the cuts, burns and sprains, he'll tell you so himself! :approve:

Tell Gokul to say hi to tribdog while he's in there! :biggrin: :smile:

Artman said:

Look what I did. :shy:

mmm, flaming dr peppers. Mardi gras plans...

Moonbear said:
Yet another poet on the board! Plover, how are you at limericks? Don't tell me I chose tribdog too soon when we have other wordsmith's here I could have given my attentions too! :biggrin:
Tis not mine to thus be so unkind
So's to put poor tribdog from your mind
 Though the world does him batter
 (P'raps he's allergic to matter?)
His adoration for ye's quite refined

(And to Moonbear, MIH, Evo, Tsu: thanks :blushing:
I think I may have embarrassed Gokul though –
so much that he won't stick his nose in this thread again o:) :redface: )

(And hmm... given that I seem to have precipitated a miscommunication between Tsu and Artman that put poor Gokul in a burn ward, I'm not sure I can blame him... :bugeye: )

plover said:
Tis not mine to thus be so unkind
So's to put poor tribdog from your mind
 Though the world does him batter
 (P'raps he's allergic to matter?)
His adoration for ye's quite refined

(And to Moonbear, MIH, Evo, Tsu: thanks :blushing:
I think I may have embarrassed Gokul though –
so much that he won't stick his nose in this thread again o:) :redface: )

(And hmm... given that I seem to have precipitated a miscommunication between Tsu and Artman that put poor Gokul in a burn ward, I'm not sure I can blame him... :bugeye: )
Ah plover, 'tis not your fault. As soon as Gokul has his IV removed and can get to a computer, he'll tell you so himself. :approve:

When Freebird's playing everything's okay. :smile: What's a paltry third degree burn when you've got three Skynyrds playing an extended lead and Artman running around with flaming Zippos ? :biggrin:

Thanks all - you folks are a perfectly topping lot. Cheers ! :approve:

<Raises olympic torch> Now, where were we ?

My hat's off to you Gokul. :biggrin:

Actually, I seldom wear a hat (my avatar), but under a blazing sun, in a dry land with a temperature of 105°F (40.6°C) for several hours, I had to wear a hat.