What Molarity of Ca2+ Ions Was Required?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Turquoise
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Ions Molarity
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 6K views
Turquoise
Messages
11
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


When a reaction mixture with a total volume of 4 L that contains 9.99 g of solid CaSO4 was stoichiometrically produced as per the balanced equation with 2.50 L of aqueous Ca2+, what molarity (M) of Ca2+ was required?

Al2(SO4)3(aq) + 3 CaBr2(aq) → 2 AlBr3(aq) + 3 CaSO4(s)


Homework Equations


Stoichiometric ratios.


The Attempt at a Solution


Conversion of CaSO4 to mols = 1.36 mols
molar mass = 340.0 mol/L
After this, I don't know how to find the molarity of the Ca2+ ions...
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Not sure if I understand what you are asking. I assume you mean you need to know what was molarity of Ca2+ solution if mass of precipitated calcium sulfate was 9.99g.

First - 9.99g is not 1.36 mole.

Second - concentration is moles/volume.

--