What moment would you like to relive before you die?

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I heard this and thought it was an interesting question.

I need to think about that one.

Answers and Replies

Evo
Mentor
Can it be someone else's life?

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Can it be someone else's life?
:rofl: That would be my choice!

My future moment involving my future family :biggrin:

I have thought about reliving someone's else life; problem is that everyone has deficiencies and I am willing to accept someone's else weaknesses more than mine. I believe I have shaped myself to something I am proud of and weaknesses are part of what I am.

Birth.

turbo
Gold Member
I have one (perhaps another), but I can't describe it without risking an infraction. It was life-changing, though, and involved an older girl who was very close to me. Have you (guys) been "initiated" by some lady that you adored and worshiped when you were a kid?

Older cousins don't always play the same peer/age games that your class-mates do.

drankin
All of them, in sequential order. :)

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I have one (perhaps another), but I can't describe it without risking an infraction. It was life-changing, though, and involved an older girl who was very close to me. Have you (guys) been "initiated" by some lady that you adored and worshiped when you were a kid?

Older cousins don't always play the same peer/age games that your class-mates do.
Ah, Mrs Robinson. :biggrin:

Yeah, yeah, yeah, <clears throat> no comment.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
All of them, in sequential order. :)
I didn't see an "s" on the end of that word. :biggrin:

turbo
Gold Member
Ah, Mrs Robinson. :biggrin:
Much younger and cuter, and salivated-over by the neighborhood-boys when she stayed with us. A couple of years difference can be pretty impressive to a kid.

drankin
So anyone who know's me knows I studied Jewish mysticism formally.
My answer is, after many years already in training, I accidently saw an indication of the direction in which to look to see nothing.
I jumped up and ran to the other side of the living room my heart pounding out of my chest. It was the single most frightening thing I had ever seen.

Second would be a time a dying patient looked at me with such love from some place I had never imagined, my knees went out from under me and I fell on the ground.

Third would be the first time I saw This Is It, MJ. I love him.

Thanks for making me recall some perplexing, cathartic, revealing, embarrassing, and also truly wonderful and uplifting moments in my life. Sometimes I think that the moments I would like to relive are 'eureka moments', or 'triumphal moments'. Then again, I have to think that the best moments are those times when I experienced a quiet connection with someone I trusted.

But I guess that the very best moment was when I first realized that I'm not important or special, that I'm part of something that I can't pretend to understand.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Giving birth to my daughter, I think. Maybe not the whole 28 hours!

FlexGunship
Gold Member

I'd like to relive the moment in which I'm given time to decide which moment to relive. With proper recursion, I should be immortal (if not bored).

A particular sex encounter form my past.

I'd like to relive the moment in which I'm given time to decide which moment to relive. With proper recursion, I should be immortal (if not bored).
I think you might prefer to be bored given that some folks think something involved a "sex encounter."

wolram
Gold Member
None, i was born old and world weary.

Oh! What moment would I like to relive before I die!

Out of sincere respect for someone who was perhaps the best friend I ever had, I will simply remember her for the wonderful person she was and probably always will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The moment that I first became self-aware.

I dont think it matters does it? I mean is not like reliving any moment would save you from the finality of life.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I dont think it matters does it? I mean is not like reliving any moment would save you from the finality of life.
It would matter as much as any other moment.

The moment that I first became self-aware.
Do you recall that ? How can you be aware of the moment in which you became aware of your self identity?

Last edited:
I think you might prefer to be bored given that some folks think something involved a "sex encounter."
Said the man obsessed with a woman :P

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Do you recall that ? How can you be aware of the moment in which you became aware of your self identity?
I didn't say I remember it. :smile: