What moment would you like to relive before you die?

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I heard this and thought it was an interesting question.

I need to think about that one.

Evo

Mentor
Can it be someone else's life?

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Can it be someone else's life?
:rofl: That would be my choice!

My future moment involving my future family :biggrin:

I have thought about reliving someone's else life; problem is that everyone has deficiencies and I am willing to accept someone's else weaknesses more than mine. I believe I have shaped myself to something I am proud of and weaknesses are part of what I am.

Birth.

turbo

Gold Member
I have one (perhaps another), but I can't describe it without risking an infraction. It was life-changing, though, and involved an older girl who was very close to me. Have you (guys) been "initiated" by some lady that you adored and worshiped when you were a kid?

Older cousins don't always play the same peer/age games that your class-mates do.

drankin

All of them, in sequential order. :)

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I have one (perhaps another), but I can't describe it without risking an infraction. It was life-changing, though, and involved an older girl who was very close to me. Have you (guys) been "initiated" by some lady that you adored and worshiped when you were a kid?

Older cousins don't always play the same peer/age games that your class-mates do.
Ah, Mrs Robinson. :biggrin:

Yeah, yeah, yeah, <clears throat> no comment.

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

turbo

Gold Member
Ah, Mrs Robinson. :biggrin:
Much younger and cuter, and salivated-over by the neighborhood-boys when she stayed with us. A couple of years difference can be pretty impressive to a kid.

So anyone who know's me knows I studied Jewish mysticism formally.
My answer is, after many years already in training, I accidently saw an indication of the direction in which to look to see nothing.
I jumped up and ran to the other side of the living room my heart pounding out of my chest. It was the single most frightening thing I had ever seen.

Second would be a time a dying patient looked at me with such love from some place I had never imagined, my knees went out from under me and I fell on the ground.

Third would be the first time I saw This Is It, MJ. I love him.

Thanks for making me recall some perplexing, cathartic, revealing, embarrassing, and also truly wonderful and uplifting moments in my life. Sometimes I think that the moments I would like to relive are 'eureka moments', or 'triumphal moments'. Then again, I have to think that the best moments are those times when I experienced a quiet connection with someone I trusted.

But I guess that the very best moment was when I first realized that I'm not important or special, that I'm part of something that I can't pretend to understand.

lisab

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Giving birth to my daughter, I think. Maybe not the whole 28 hours!

FlexGunship

Gold Member

I'd like to relive the moment in which I'm given time to decide which moment to relive. With proper recursion, I should be immortal (if not bored).

I'd like to relive the moment in which I'm given time to decide which moment to relive. With proper recursion, I should be immortal (if not bored).
I think you might prefer to be bored given that some folks think something involved a "sex encounter."

wolram

Gold Member
None, i was born old and world weary.

Oh! What moment would I like to relive before I die!

Out of sincere respect for someone who was perhaps the best friend I ever had, I will simply remember her for the wonderful person she was and probably always will be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The moment that I first became self-aware.

I dont think it matters does it? I mean is not like reliving any moment would save you from the finality of life.

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I dont think it matters does it? I mean is not like reliving any moment would save you from the finality of life.
It would matter as much as any other moment.

The moment that I first became self-aware.
Do you recall that ? How can you be aware of the moment in which you became aware of your self identity?

Last edited:
I think you might prefer to be bored given that some folks think something involved a "sex encounter."
Said the man obsessed with a woman :P

Last edited:

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Do you recall that ? How can you be aware of the moment in which you became aware of your self identity?
I didn't say I remember it. :smile: