What moment would you like to relive before you die?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Moment
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
30 replies · 6K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
8,252
Reaction score
2,666
I heard this and thought it was an interesting question.

I need to think about that one.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Can it be someone else's life?
 
Evo said:
Can it be someone else's life?

:smile: That would be my choice!
 
My future moment involving my future family :biggrin:

I have thought about reliving someone's else life; problem is that everyone has deficiencies and I am willing to accept someone's else weaknesses more than mine. I believe I have shaped myself to something I am proud of and weaknesses are part of what I am.
 
I have one (perhaps another), but I can't describe it without risking an infraction. It was life-changing, though, and involved an older girl who was very close to me. Have you (guys) been "initiated" by some lady that you adored and worshiped when you were a kid?

Older cousins don't always play the same peer/age games that your class-mates do.
 
turbo-1 said:
I have one (perhaps another), but I can't describe it without risking an infraction. It was life-changing, though, and involved an older girl who was very close to me. Have you (guys) been "initiated" by some lady that you adored and worshiped when you were a kid?

Older cousins don't always play the same peer/age games that your class-mates do.

Ah, Mrs Robinson. :biggrin:

Yeah, yeah, yeah, <clears throat> no comment.
 
drankin said:
All of them, in sequential order. :)

I didn't see an "s" on the end of that word. :biggrin:
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Ah, Mrs Robinson. :biggrin:
Much younger and cuter, and salivated-over by the neighborhood-boys when she stayed with us. A couple of years difference can be pretty impressive to a kid.
 
So anyone who know's me knows I studied Jewish mysticism formally.
My answer is, after many years already in training, I accidently saw an indication of the direction in which to look to see nothing.
I jumped up and ran to the other side of the living room my heart pounding out of my chest. It was the single most frightening thing I had ever seen.

Second would be a time a dying patient looked at me with such love from some place I had never imagined, my knees went out from under me and I fell on the ground.

Third would be the first time I saw This Is It, MJ. I love him.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
I heard this and thought it was an interesting question.

I need to think about that one.
Thanks for making me recall some perplexing, cathartic, revealing, embarrassing, and also truly wonderful and uplifting moments in my life. Sometimes I think that the moments I would like to relive are 'eureka moments', or 'triumphal moments'. Then again, I have to think that the best moments are those times when I experienced a quiet connection with someone I trusted.

But I guess that the very best moment was when I first realized that I'm not important or special, that I'm part of something that I can't pretend to understand.
 
Giving birth to my daughter, I think. Maybe not the whole 28 hours!
 
Ivan Seeking said:
I heard this and thought it was an interesting question.

I need to think about that one.

I'd like to relive the moment in which I'm given time to decide which moment to relive. With proper recursion, I should be immortal (if not bored).
 
Ivan Seeking said:
I heard this and thought it was an interesting question.

I need to think about that one.


A particular sex encounter form my past.
 
FlexGunship said:
I'd like to relive the moment in which I'm given time to decide which moment to relive. With proper recursion, I should be immortal (if not bored).

I think you might prefer to be bored given that some folks think something involved a "sex encounter."
 
None, i was born old and world weary.
 
Oh! What moment would I like to relive before I die!

Out of sincere respect for someone who was perhaps the best friend I ever had, I will simply remember her for the wonderful person she was and probably always will be.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it matters does it? I mean is not like reliving any moment would save you from the finality of life.
 
Marco12 said:
I don't think it matters does it? I mean is not like reliving any moment would save you from the finality of life.

It would matter as much as any other moment.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
The moment that I first became self-aware.

Do you recall that ? How can you be aware of the moment in which you became aware of your self identity?
 
Last edited:
mugaliens said:
I think you might prefer to be bored given that some folks think something involved a "sex encounter."

Said the man obsessed with a woman :P
 
Last edited:
DanP said:
Do you recall that ? How can you be aware of the moment in which you became aware of your self identity?

I didn't say I remember it. :smile:
 
Question about the question:

Is the question about reliving this moment for the sake of reliving it? Or about reliving this moment for the sake of possibly changing it?

Presumably the former.
 
DaveC426913 said:
Question about the question:

Is the question about reliving this moment for the sake of reliving it? Or about reliving this moment for the sake of possibly changing it?

Presumably the former.

I stole the question from Piers Morgan. But this is GD, so it means whatever you think it means. :biggrin:

My interpretation was that he meant relive, not redo.
 
DanP said:
Do you recall that ? How can you be aware of the moment in which you became aware of your self identity?

I haven't a clue as to when I "first" became self-aware. I have memories dating back to age 0. They're as real and surprising as the expression on my Mom's face when I describe the room in which my diaper was changed!

Life just is. I am perplexed when friends tell me they can't recall anything earlier than third grade. My son can't recall his years in Korea, yet he was the same age I was when I was in Italy, and I remember pretty dang well everything.

Perhaps it's time for another thread...
 
wolram said:
None, i was born old and world weary.


:smile: