What Number Corresponds to Eyeliner in This Brainteaser?

• Thread starter The riddler
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Numbers
In summary, the conversation discusses a brainteaser found in a newspaper where the order of numbers for various cosmetics are given and the challenge is to find the number for EYELINER. The answer is determined to be 51 using a system involving Roman numerals. The conversation ends with a request for help in understanding the solution to the brainteaser.
The riddler
Hello all, i found a menser teaser in the daily express, this is the first Menser teaser where i can not find any connection between anything.

The order of the number for various cosmetics are as shown. What number is EYELINER?

MASCARA-1100
CONCEALER-250
LIPSTICK-152
LIPGLOSS-101
EYELINER-?

I don't know the answer to this brainteaser and i could not find it on the internet, if anyone has any ideas about how the hell this brainteaser works please post them.

Thanks for any replies :wink:

Physics news on Phys.org
EYELINER is 51.

Roman numerals?

M+C = 1100
C+C+L = 250
L+I+I+C = 152
L+I+L = 101
L+I = 51

OOOOOOOOH, sadly I've never done Roman numerals, well done and thanks for helping.

Hey, i have no idea about brainteaser works. So, try to find out and solve confusion.
Thanks

Related to What Number Corresponds to Eyeliner in This Brainteaser?

1. How do cosmetic words to numbers work?

Cosmetic words to numbers use words to represent numerical values. For example, instead of writing "10", you could write "ten". This is often used for aesthetic purposes or to make numbers more memorable.

2. Are there any rules for using cosmetic words to numbers?

There are no strict rules for using cosmetic words to numbers, but it is important to use consistent spelling and capitalization. It is also important to make sure the number is still easily recognizable and not confusing when written in words.

3. Can cosmetic words to numbers be used in scientific writing?

In most cases, it is not recommended to use cosmetic words to numbers in scientific writing. This is because scientific writing is expected to be precise and using words instead of numbers can introduce ambiguity. However, in some cases, such as when discussing large numbers, cosmetic words to numbers can be used to improve readability.

4. Are there any disadvantages to using cosmetic words to numbers?

One potential disadvantage of using cosmetic words to numbers is that it may not be universally understood or recognized. Some readers may not be familiar with the use of words instead of numbers and may find it confusing. Additionally, using words instead of numbers may also be more time-consuming and can increase the chances of errors when writing or transcribing numbers.

5. Can cosmetic words to numbers be used in mathematical equations?

In general, cosmetic words to numbers should not be used in mathematical equations. This is because equations require precise numerical values and using words instead of numbers can introduce errors. However, in some cases, such as when presenting a concept or idea, cosmetic words to numbers can be used in equations for emphasis or clarity.