What percentage should be removed?

• Thread starter Phisico
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is asking for clarification on whether the price of the coat should be reduced by $5 or to $5. They also provide a potential solution of reducing the price by 25%. However, this solution is incorrect as it results in a reduction of $25, not $5. The speaker acknowledges their mistake and asks for further explanation.
Phisico
Homework Statement
What percentage should be removed ?
Relevant Equations
I need some explanation
The coat costs $20 by how much percentage it should be reduced to get $5
Solution
5+15=20
5*5=25%
Explain if I'm wrong please

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You have the percentage the coat should be reduced to, instead of how much the cost should be reduced by.

Phisico said:
Problem Statement: What percentage should be removed ?
Relevant Equations: I need some explanation

The coat costs $20 by how much percentage it should be reduced to get $5
What does "to get $5" mean? Will the price of the coat be reduced $5, to a sale price of $15, or will the price be reduced to $5? If you want to get help in the problems you post, take care to present a clear problem description.
Phisico said:
Solution
5+15=20
5*5=25%
No. 5*5 = 25, which is not the same thing as 25%.
Phisico said:
Explain if I'm wrong please

Last edited:

1. What is the recommended percentage to be removed in a scientific experiment?

The recommended percentage to be removed in a scientific experiment varies depending on the specific experiment and its objectives. It is important to consult relevant literature and experts in the field to determine an appropriate percentage for your experiment.

2. How do I determine the percentage to be removed in my experiment?

The percentage to be removed in an experiment can be determined by considering various factors such as the type of sample being used, the desired outcome, and the potential impact of the removal on the results. It is important to carefully plan and design your experiment to determine the appropriate percentage to be removed.

3. Is there a standard percentage that should be removed in all experiments?

No, there is no standard percentage that should be removed in all experiments. Each experiment is unique and may require a different percentage to be removed based on its specific objectives and variables.

4. Can removing too much or too little affect the results of an experiment?

Yes, removing too much or too little can significantly affect the results of an experiment. It is important to carefully consider the appropriate percentage to be removed to ensure accurate and reliable results.

5. Are there any guidelines or best practices for determining the percentage to be removed?

There are no specific guidelines or best practices for determining the percentage to be removed in an experiment. However, it is important to thoroughly research and consult with experts in the field to determine an appropriate percentage based on the specific experiment and its objectives.