What political inclination would you describe yourself as?

• News
  • Thread starter Char. Limit
  • Start date
In summary: Likely the person who identified himself as a centrist has made a mistake. :)In summary, the majority of Physics Forums users are center-right, with a few moderate and left-leaning users. There is disagreement on many issues between users, but most agree on the importance of the center.

What political inclination would you describe yourself as?

• Liberal

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Conservative

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Libertarian

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Statist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Centrist

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • I don't do politics.

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters
I would sum up my ideology this way:

Fiscally and foreign policy wise, I am conservative.
Socially, I am liberal.
Mainly I just want government to be involved in as little as possible (within reason).

Physics news on Phys.org
I think a synonym for that is "libertarian".

Astronuc said:
Discouraged.

that's pretty much where i am these days. I've come to realize that politics comes from the Greek poly and ticks meaning many parasites.

the only party i ever registered as was Libertarian, but over time i came to realize that they were simply parasites of the sociopathic persuasion.

Char. Limit said:
I think a synonym for that is "libertarian".

Yeah, kinda.

I guess that I could be labeled that but I do differ from the libertarians on some things. First off, I am not as "radical" as some libertarians are. Some want to abolish taxes and privatize the school system. I do not want this. Also, many libertarians believe in conspiracy theories because they distrust the government. I hate conspiracy theories and, though I do want minimal government involvement, I do not think that the government is some sort of "evil empire". I follow a libertarian ideology but like to think of myself as more reasonable. Also, I simply do not like labeling myself as a single party. My beliefs encompass more than one party's beliefs.