What should I do if a blood vessel pops in my thumb?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Blood Vessel
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 34K views
Mk
Messages
2,040
Reaction score
4
If I recently had a blood vessel pop in my thumb what should I do? Am I at risk for popping anywhere else?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
See a doctor if you are worried.
 
Did you give yourself a puncture wound? Because we "pop" blood vessels all the time, such as capillaries (no significant blood loss can be seen though with caps.)
 
Bruising is essentially a 'popped' bloodvessel that causes bleeding under the skin, that's why more information is necessary with what he means with 'popped' and how that happened.
 
I thank you three for the quick replies!

Its not me its my friend. She said she was just sitting on the couch when she felt a needle prick on her thumb. Ow. An hour later, you could see blue there, then purple, now its red. What could it be?
 
Strange, is she sure she didn't got stung by anything? In any case I would just have a doctor have a look at it, there really is no way to say anything about it at this point.