What should I study or read to learn physics in a very fundamental way?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Danny Han
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello I'm a 15year old boy living in Korea, and lived in the U.S. for a couple of years. I want to learn physics in a very fundamental(?) way, for example, knowing the reason why from Newton's law of gravitation F = GmM/r^2, F is proportion to the SQUARE of r (not cube or power of 4??)

Currently I studied single variable calculus, and by the next year, I'll have finished vectors and Serway or Haliday( I forgot the spelling) (it's in our school curriculum)

I saw my friends reading books by hawking and so on, but they seemed to lack a detailed explanation and math(although I'm not good at math).

To sum it up, I want a book that talks about the fundamentals of physics using my level of math.( oh and our school will learn Serway next year, so please don't suggest me such books)
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org