1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What should I study or read to learn physics in a very fundamental way?

1. Apr 24, 2015 #1
    Hello I'm a 15year old boy living in Korea, and lived in the U.S. for a couple of years. I want to learn physics in a very fundamental(?) way, for example, knowing the reason why from newton's law of gravitation F = GmM/r^2, F is proportion to the SQUARE of r (not cube or power of 4??)

Currently I studied single variable calculus, and by the next year, I'll have finished vectors and Serway or Haliday( I forgot the spelling) (it's in our school curriculum)

I saw my friends reading books by hawking and so on, but they seemed to lack a detailed explanation and math(although I'm not good at math).

To sum it up, I want a book that talks about the fundamentals of physics using my level of math.( oh and our school will learn Serway next year, so please don't suggest me such books)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 24, 2015 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook