1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What should I study to prepare for Calculus I and II

1. May 24, 2013 #1
    I recently took a calculus readiness given by a special program for high school students in my area called the math and physics institute (MPI) to see which math and physics classes I would be taking my senior year. I scored well enough to be placed in the most difficult section of the program in which I will be taking Calculus I and II, and engineering physics. I am not the greatest at math (usually get B's), nor am I the greatest at physics (A-), but I do have a passion for them. I would like to try my hardest to get a 4.0 GPA in my senior year, and so I plan to study calculus this summer. The problem is I don't know exactly which topics to study. I would also appreciate any advice regarding how to succeed in college math and physics classes.

2. jcsd
  3. May 24, 2013 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

To do well in calculus, you should be very comfortable with algebra and trig. Be prepared to study a lot and you'll do fine. Good luck :smile:!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook