What test should be used to determine the convergence of this series?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rodneyram
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Series
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
rodneyram
Messages
3
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



http://i.imgur.com/1a1aT.png

Homework Equations



comparison test
alternating series test

The Attempt at a Solution



I know the limit of this is zero and it's decreasing so it's either conditionally or absolutely convergent, but I do not know what test to use so I can be sure. I tried comparing it to 1/[(n^3)+1] but its less than the series and convergent meaning the comparison test doesn't work. I tried the limit comparison test and get infinity meaning it doesn't work. What is the right way to find of this problem is absolutely or conditionally convergent?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Also, it looks close to 1/n^(1.5) for sufficiently large n. That might be a good comparison.