What Textbook Covers Design and Evaluation of Mechanical Systems?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Michael24
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I'm looking for a textbook on designing mechanical systems with multiple machine components.

I'd like to study both rigid and non rigid dynamic systems. I'm open to studying systems composed of any mechanical component. In particular, I'd like to learn
1. draw accurate Free Body(FBD) and Kinetic Diagrams(KD) for each machine component
2. Make reasonable assumptions to simplify FBD & KD

3. (*Most interested) evaluate system to ensure it satisfies design constraints
4. failure analysis: stress, structural integrity, fatigue,..

Can anyone recommend a textbook? Thank you
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'd start by looking at Shigley's "Mechanical Engineering Design" books. There are many editions of them, with a couple of co-authors.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: CalcNerd and billy_joule