What the heck is Analytics Geometry Calculus

In summary: I wouldn't say this is set in stone. I know quite a few people who are wonderful at math but just aren't computer savy. They struggle more than the rest of us with Maple/Mathematica/Matlab/ programing.Some people find programming extremely hard; I really don't know why. But, most people ,good in math, learn programming very easily.Programming == mathGood at math/logics == good at programming.
undrcvrbro
I was really excited because I tested into this calc class for my first semester as a freshman , and then I realized..I don't really know what it is. Is "Analytic Geometry Calculus 1" any different from a normal calc 1 class? What should I expect from this course?

Physics news on Phys.org
undrcvrbro, relaaaxxx! That will be the usual name for "Calculus 1". You will use the same analytical geometry which you learned in Intermediate Algebra, as well as other algebraic and geometric formulaic descriptions as starter material for illustrating Calculus principles. So, usually, especially for science students, "Analytical Geometry and Caclulus 1" is the same as "Calculus 1".

Math, physics, and some engineering majors at my school take a calculus series "Calculus with Analytic Geometry" 1, 2, and 3. This is as opposed to "Applied Calculus" 1 and 2 for other sciences and some engineering disciplines, and "Concepts of Calculus" for business majors.

That said, the "with Analytic Geometry" one is the "normal" calculus series. Analytic geometry is exactly what the name suggests. You learn calculus in the context of some kind of coordinate system.

symbolipoint I am relaxed...just curious, that's all. Thanks guys. Oh, and uh, one more thing...Does anyone have a clue as to what the course Chemical Engineering Computations might be?

Doesn't your university have course descriptions somewhere on its Web site? They might be PDF files from the official catalog or "academic bulletin."

jtbell said:
Doesn't your university have course descriptions somewhere on its Web site? They might be PDF files from the official catalog or "academic bulletin."
Hey thanks for reminding me jtbell. I forgot I even had a course catalog, because I got it practically six months ago, and it had become covered in the mountain high pile of letters I got from colleges. Ugh. Apparently it has some basic computer programming...if I have absolutely no experience with programming, will I struggle?

undrcvrbro said:
Hey thanks for reminding me jtbell. I forgot I even had a course catalog, because I got it practically six months ago, and it had become covered in the mountain high pile of letters I got from colleges. Ugh. Apparently it has some basic computer programming...if I have absolutely no experience with programming, will I struggle?

Programming == math
Good at math/logics == good at programming.

Some people find programming extremely hard; I really don't know why. But, most people ,good in math, learn programming very easily.

rootX said:
Programming == math

Some people find programming extremely hard; I really don't know why. But, most people ,good in math, learn programming very easily.

Nice. I should be fine then. Thanks.

rootX said:
Programming == math

I wouldn't say this is set in stone. I know quite a few people who are wonderful at math but just aren't computer savy. They struggle more than the rest of us with Maple/Mathematica/Matlab/ programing.

That being said, not having programing experience shouldn't be much of a set back as I can guarantee you are not the only one. It just takes some getting used to same as a foreign language only its easier because its roughly in English still

1. What is Analytics Geometry Calculus?

Analytics Geometry Calculus is a branch of mathematics that combines the concepts of algebra and geometry to study the properties and behavior of objects in space. It involves the use of equations, graphs, and mathematical formulas to understand and solve problems related to shapes, curves, and volumes.

2. How is Analytics Geometry Calculus different from regular Calculus?

Regular Calculus focuses on the study of continuous change and rates of change, while Analytics Geometry Calculus also incorporates geometric concepts such as distance, angles, and areas. It is especially useful in applications involving real-world objects and their movements.

3. What are some practical applications of Analytics Geometry Calculus?

Analytics Geometry Calculus is used in many fields, including physics, engineering, economics, and computer science. It is used to model and analyze the motion of objects, design structures, optimize processes, and develop algorithms for data analysis.

4. Do I need to have a strong background in math to understand Analytics Geometry Calculus?

While a solid foundation in algebra and geometry is helpful, it is not necessary to have a strong background in math to understand Analytics Geometry Calculus. However, a willingness to learn and practice is important, as well as a basic understanding of mathematical concepts.

5. How can I improve my understanding of Analytics Geometry Calculus?

There are many resources available to help improve your understanding of Analytics Geometry Calculus, such as textbooks, online tutorials, and practice problems. It is also helpful to work through problems and examples step-by-step, and seek help from a tutor or teacher if needed.