What Theories Explain Quasar Energy Concentration and Their Challenges?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
Tsunami
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
What are the available theories to explain the amount of energy concentrated in quasars? And what are possible problems in those theories?

I don't have any background in this, I'm just trying to ascertain whether the philosophy of technology book I'm reading is still up to date. Thanks.
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Tsunami said:
What are the available theories to explain the amount of energy concentrated in quasars? And what are possible problems in those theories?

I don't have any background in this, I'm just trying to ascertain whether the philosophy of technology book I'm reading is still up to date. Thanks.
The only show in town is matter being accreted by Black Holes.

What book are you reading and what is its date of publication?

Garth
 
Garth said:
The only show in town is matter being accreted by Black Holes.

What book are you reading and what is its date of publication?

Garth

I think plural black holes is a clue as to why they turn on and off