What weird foods do you eat? (revisited)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ouabache
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Weird
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
34 replies · 5K views
Evo said:
I've eaten tripe, didn't like it.

I'll say the same here. I'm an adventurous eater, and there are only two things thus far that I've eaten and wouldn't eat again... tripe is one (nasty!). The second is yak meat (in some form of curry)... not for the flavor but for the extremely bad after effect (the worst gas ever).
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Maybe I have not had the same tripe as you guys, but the tripe in a bowl of PHO soup is really good.

vietcali07.JPG


Maybe because this is cut up, the texture and tastes is different than just tripe by itself?
 
Moonbear said:
I do eat the green part out of lobster, which is very sweet, but haven't even had a lobster in ages...but that's probably something other people would consider weird.
Other people who are not from Maine, perhaps. The tomalley is quite flavorful, and I like to save it out and mix it with mayonnaise and lobster meat when making lobster rolls. You should avoid eating it if the area has recently been hit with Red Tide though, because toxins can accumulate in the "green stuff" which acts as both the liver and pancreas of the lobster. I once attended a lobster-bake put on by a vendor who did business with my company, and for some reason, a woman co-worker and her husband wanted the claws and would trade the bodies and tails for them. My wife and I were very happy to comply.
 
When I was a kid I loved menudo, but tripe tacos were still a wonderful surprise. Mmmmmmm. However, eating cold tripe with Italian dressing might be another matter.