What Will Be Humanity's Key Milestones Over the Next 100 Billion Years?

  • Thread starter Thread starter robousy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Years
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
43 replies · 32K views
I thought we were supposed to reach ascendancy by 3500 ish, so we will not need any devices, ok Q.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Time travel will become possible on March 17, 2431. This will enable people to go backward in time and make amazingly accurate predictions.
 
Blair said:
I have a theory that the data that we store in our brain is moving its not stagnant like a hard drive on a computer.

Your first memory may have been in the past but its not stored in the same place it was when it happened to you.

The last thing you ever do is stored were? and can it be accessed?
Regardless of how or where the information is stored, if you make a replica of every molecule and electron in your brain in a snapshot of arbitrarily short duration, your doppleganger will have exactly the same thoughts and memories as before the teleport.
 
Last edited:
I don't see a single listing for the discovery of extra-terrestrial life.

I would think there'd be several events of interest:
- first discovery of extra-terrestrial life
- first discovery of non-DNA-based extra-terrestrial life (i.e. truly alien life)
- first discovery of macroscopic life in an ecosystem
- first discovery of intelligent life
- first discovery of life more advanced than our own
 
2020-Humans experiment on monkeys go awry, creating one super intelligent monkey
2031-The monkey went into hiding but managed to reproduce with another, starting their race of Super Monkeys
2109-The monkeys develop a chemical formula that gives them super powers.
2113- The monkeys start their take over of the very universe.
2290- The monkeys win, nearly all of the human race are gone.
2306- The monkeys develop a time machine
40 Ma- The monkeys go back in time
You decide what's next...
 
I'd find this a more believable scenario if you replaced 'monkeys' in every line with 'amoeba'! :biggrin:
 
jimmysnyder said:
Time travel will become possible on March 17, 2431. This will enable people to go backward in time and make amazingly accurate predictions.
Do they then disappear in a puff of noncausality?



Hello?




Helloooo?
 
Probably around 2025 some sort of permanent functional moon base is established. By 2100, renewable sources are the vast majority of our energy supply. By 2200, in spite (or because of) our half-hearted efforts at weening off oil, Antarctica has melted, exposing quadrillions of new barrels of oil. Energy technology proceeds to regress 200 years
 
Office_Shredder said:
Energy technology proceeds to regress 200 years
And once again, diesel powered house-boats are all the rage.
 
Gokul43201 said:
And once again, diesel powered house-boats are all the rage.
That was the first thing I thought of too...
 
Unfortunately memory doesn't equate consciousness, anyone remember the 6th day?

Otherwise teleporting would be pretty neat.
 
thefifthlord said:
Unfortunately memory doesn't equate consciousness
Well, I'm conscious of remembering this ... from 2 years ago...
 
DaveC426913 said:
Well, I'm conscious of remembering this ... from 2 years ago...

Didn't notice the date :)
 
2 years ago, it had already been 3 years old!
OP is 2004. I was young then!
Interesting to see how wrong we were in such short time spans. "2007, discovery of Higgs boson."