What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
In summary, Ivan would try to write and publish a novel, cruise nightclubs to interview people who have failed relationships for research, and try to create world peace. If he can't do any of those things, he would try to cure all disease, feed everyone, and ask MIH to marry him.
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

I think I would try to write and publish a novel.

How about you?

Physics news on Phys.org
I'd be doing what I am doing, and what I plan to be doing. It's just going to take time.

Play the lottery.

Likes gracy
Same thing that I did when trying to pick a major:Sit around and take so long to decide that I would never get anything done.

Move Mt. Fuji. -Next to Bill Gates' garage.

I would be what I am..a mother. If I could raise my kids to be strong and caring and successful I will have not failed.

Ask MIH to marry me. Muahaha. :devil:

Now that I'm evil I have to use other peoples own ideas against them.

I'd probably try and unite gravity and QM. Or get on a PhD course somewhere. Anywhere!

Kill Mr sod.

I'd probably become some sort of benevolent world despot... but I'm sure I'd eventually realize that people's view on "benevolence" is pretty subjective and end up failing anyway.

I'd go after the Tijuana drug mafia.

I'd eliminate corruption in all the world's governments, right down to the local level. People are not sick and starving all over the world because there are no resources available, but because resources are diverted, co-opted, and distributed to those that will compensate the corrupt for personal gain.

Edit: And world peace! (Miss Congeniality plug)

Math Is Hard said:

What do you mean by, "if"?

See if I could find some way to fail. That would be kind of tough. If you intentionally sabotaged the project you were working on so that it would be unsuccessful, then you couldn't really say you failed when it was unsuccessful. Finding a way to unintentionally sabotage your project is a lot harder than just throwing it in the trash.

I think I'd first have to cruise a lot of seedy nightclubs interviewing folks that have failed relationships for research. Cruising the seedy nightclubs would also give a chance to use some of those great pick-up lines I've learned here on PF.

Oh, and I'd try to create world peace. I want to be Miss Congeniality, too. In fact, I'd even hand out maps to poor people in Tanzangentia.

Math Is Hard said:

I think I would try to write and publish a novel.

How about you?

Why only one?? I think I would at least go for a two or three.

Destroy the earth? :D

try stand-up

take on mentor's that ban me for insufficient reasons. JUST KIDDING

It burns a hole in my brain thinking about it :devil:

I would fix the hole in lisab's brain.

tribdog said:
try stand-up

Don't risk it—you'll just end up having to mop the floor.

I think that I would go for inventing and flying in a warp-drive ship. (I know that it ain't going to happen, but I'm clinging to that 'if' in the title.)

Build the photon reactor

impregnate every female supermodel in the world.

Ivan Seeking said:
I would fix the hole in lisab's brain.

Thanks, Ivan - I'd hate to be a bagel brain!

lisab said:
Thanks, Ivan - I'd hate to be a bagel brain!

Glad to oblige. :biggrin:

Right now my brain feels like swiss cheese. I've been trying to get sick [or I am sick and haven't been able to admit it yet], and everything is a bit swimmy.

Ignoring, saving the world, extending life forever, curing all disease, feeding everyone, etc. etc. etc. and strictly in the most exotic personal terms:

I have always wanted a re-entry suit that would allow me to push-off from the space station and eventually land in my pasture. Then again, it would be fun to jump a bicycle off of Phobos [escape velocity ~25 mph], and land on Mars.

But then there is one that is potentially within reach for some of our younger members: Some of the plans for a lunar hotel include a large chamber where you could fly like a bird.

Proton Soup said:
impregnate every female supermodel in the world.
Why impregnate them all? Why not just impress them to the point that they would throw themselves at you and hang themselves on you like ornaments? (Just a suggestion).

just Understand. Why things are what they are
- The nature
- people and relationships

And then if Ivan will not do it: cure all disease, feed everyone (I think extending life forever would not be as good as you may think)

Kurdt said:
Ask MIH to marry me. Muahaha. :devil:

Now that I'm evil I have to use other peoples own ideas against them.

I'd probably try and unite gravity and QM. Or get on a PhD course somewhere. Anywhere!

shh! Don't let my short-tempered husband hear you. :eek:

edward said:
Why only one?? I think I would at least go for a two or three.

I procrastinate too much. It would probably take most of the rest of my life just to write one.

Be a super hero! ;-)

turbo-1 said:
Why impregnate them all? Why not just impress them to the point that they would throw themselves at you and hang themselves on you like ornaments? (Just a suggestion).

what good is a bee that isn't pollinating flowers? reproduction is the closest thing to immortality we've got. i figure there's a reason men seek out the most attractive women, they've got the best genes. so i would get the chance to spread my seed amongst a diverse group of the most perfect women on earth. they're also likely to retain the means to properly rear the little brats.

and because new ones mature on a regular basis, i'd have an activity to keep me busy for the rest of my days. i can't think of a better job to have, really.

Another mission to accomplish is learning the people what the reason is of all wars and learning how to avoid that.

Want to hear something morbid? My first thought was suicide. I might need a shrink.

Math Is Hard said:

Husband? Oh, great... another sexual fantasy blown to hell... :grumpy:

Math Is Hard said:

Its Ok I can't possibly fail. :wink: