What's New in the PF Username Game Part III?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gokul43201
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game Part iii
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
124 replies · 22K views
jimmysnyder said:
Not bad, but not what I had in mind either. Describe Godel's approach.

I was thinking, since I was the 'first' after Gokul's----webster 'def.'=tailor, and Gokul in a burg in India, but Gokul's answer is an amazing one.

Gokul43201 said:
Who me? :biggrin:

YES!---Actually all three were as a tribute/homage to your hard work! (the whip=cool whip!-esp here at the holiday season)--I almost put 'Don't stop the pi whipping'


Here's another one to solve (easy, I think):


woh, wehn, wehre, ...
 
Physics news on Phys.org
jimmysnyder said:
Describe Godel's approach.
Approach for what? Proving the incompleteness theorems? I've thought this out and tried it on myself at various levels of detail, to no avail. :(

The best I could do was think that mapping logical elements onto numbers was sort of the same process as mapping meanings onto words, which is what a dictionary (even say, Webster's dictionary) does.

rewebster said:
woh, wehn, wehre, ...
Hmmmm...that's a toughie, so I'll make some blind guesses: Is it wihch or wyh? :wink:
 
Gokul43201 said:
I'm not seeing the Godel connection ...

Jimmy used self-reference.

Amazing thread!

Thanks, Gokul.
 
George Jones said:
Jimmy used self-reference.
Ahhh, Herr Schneider! Ich bin dumm!

Amazing thread!

Thanks, Gokul.
You're most welcome! Glad y'all had fun too - I didn't want to be the only one in the party!

Rewebster: Thanks for the tri-bute!
 
Gokul43201 said:
Ahhh, Herr Schneider! Ich bin dumm!

sq rt -1, sq rt 4!