Whats that called, when photos fade because of light?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KingNothing
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Light Photos
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 3K views
KingNothing
Messages
880
Reaction score
4
I think it might have the roots "auto" or "photo" in it. Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
if it is a photo of a plant I think it is called: chlorophell
 
Are you talking about fading of the photo on paper, or overexposure?
 
'Photo deterioration' is a general term which applies to all degradation processes, which could include fading by exposure or oxidation.

A photograph may fade by exposure to air, moisture/water, light, or some chemicals.

Films that are not properly 'fixed' could experience image fading over time.
 
how about discolour or decolourise? Bleaching even?
 
photochemistry
photochemical bleaching
(according to google)
 
Evo said:
Are you talking about fading of the photo on paper, or overexposure?
I think he means the latter.