What's the LD50 of Mayonnaise?

  • Topic: Medical 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Perfection
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
27 replies · 10K views
Perfection
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Urgent help needed.
 
Biology news on Phys.org
There is no lethal dose of mayonaise. There are only different levels of euphoria.
 
Perfection said:
Urgent help needed.

Oh dear, how much did you eat?
 
Evo said:
There is no lethal dose of mayonaise.

I'm a living testament to that!
 
jarednjames said:
I'm a living testament to that!

No, you can't say that - not enough data yet. It takes 40-to-50 years of repeated doses to take its final effect.
 
lisab said:
No, you can't say that - not enough data yet. It takes 40-to-50 years of repeated doses to take its final effect.

What about in extreme concentrations?
 
And what about in the case of Cain's Real Natural Mayonnaise? That stuff is killer! I haven't tested its limits, but I suspect that it can be a problem in high doses.
 
Drakkith said:
What is LD50 exactly?

Mean lethal dose. The dose that will kill 50% of the lucky folks who sign up for the drug trial. Usually it's college students who sign up for these trials, because they need the money...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LD50

.
 
berkeman said:
Mean lethal dose. The dose that will kill 50% of the lucky folks who sign up for the drug trial.

In a poor tribute to the film Broken Arrow: Does it really occur that often it has an official name? :bugeye:
Usually it's college students who sign up for these trials, because they need the money...

Despite the above, I'm interested. Tell me more...
 
This is something I needed to know a long time ago! I could be in danger of mayonnaise poisoning!

Oh wait...i use miracle whip...nevermind.
 
Drakkith said:
This is something I needed to know a long time ago! I could be in danger of mayonnaise poisoning!

Oh wait...i use miracle whip...nevermind.
Die, Heathen!
 
turbo-1 said:
Die, Heathen!

Have at thee! *swings a miracle whip jar on a stick*
 
Drakkith said:
Oh wait...i use miracle whip...nevermind.

Miracle whip? Sounds like it comes compressed in a can?

If so, I agree with turbo's above comment!
 
jarednjames said:
Miracle whip? Sounds like it comes compressed in a can?

If so, I agree with turbo's above comment!

Nope, comes in a standard glass jar.
 
Drakkith said:
Nope, comes in a standard glass jar.

Hmm, comment retracted - well, assuming it's actually mayo...
 
jarednjames said:
Hmm, comment retracted - well, assuming it's actually mayo...
Not mayo. It is a perverse product that cannot be replicated in most environments.
 
Perfection said:
Urgent help needed.

Rats. Too late.

It would appear that the OP is a (um, was a) college student.
 
While I do urgently need the information, I can inform you that this is for a project of mine. I have not nor will not consume that much mayonnaise.
 
Perfection said:
While I do urgently need the information, I can inform you that this is for a project of mine. I have not nor will not consume that much mayonnaise.

Whats the project about?
 
Perfection said:
While I do urgently need the information, I can inform you that this is for a project of mine. I have not nor will not consume that much mayonnaise.

You're more likely to drown in mayo than receive a lethal dose.
Drakkith said:
Whats the project about?

Wild stab in the dark... LD50 of mayo?
 
Perfection said:
Justice

A shiver ran down my spine when I read this, something didn't sit right.

Are you trying to subtly kill someone with mayo?
 
Pretty sure the quantities involved are greater than subtle.
 
Perfection said:
Pretty sure the quantities involved are greater than subtle.

I would say you would need a HUGE quantity of mayo to kill someone. It would help if you told us exactly what this was for so we can get the context of your project and help you as best we can. =)
 
berkeman said:
I'm getting ready to call troll...

*hands berkeman megaphone*