TL92
- 9
- 0
I mean say there was a 99% chance of getting a green apple on the first pick from a hat, picked randomly. But you don't. Doesn't that negate everything?
TL92 said:I mean say there was a 99% chance of getting a green apple on the first pick from a hat, picked randomly. But you don't. Doesn't that negate everything?
TL92 said:I mean say there was a 99% chance of getting a green apple on the first pick from a hat, picked randomly. But you don't. Doesn't that negate everything?
Probability deals with what happens in the long run. If you repeat this many times you will get very close to 99% of the apples you pick green. Look up the "law of large numbers".TL92 said:I mean say there was a 99% chance of getting a green apple on the first pick from a hat, picked randomly. But you don't. Doesn't that negate everything?
Mentallic said:Proability tells me that if I flip a coin 3 times, I will get 1.5 heads![]()
I was hoping I could be given an insightful explanation as to how I end up with the half a headstatdad said:I hope your tongue at the end means you posted this in jest, since probability says no such thing.
xxChrisxx said:As an interesting point, the probability of a human flipping a coin isn't acutally 50/50. There appears to be a slight favour of an even number of flips, it's something like 50.5/49.5 in favour of the side already up (unless you invert it after it's stopped spinning, then it's the side down). This only matters if you see what side of the the coin is up beforehand.
Mentallic said:I'm very sceptical of this. This would have to have been done experimentally, and of course depending on the person that is flipping the coin and how many times he does so, it won't be exactly 50/50.
TL92 said:I mean say there was a 99% chance of getting a green apple on the first pick from a hat, picked randomly. But you don't. Doesn't that negate everything?