When is Happy Pi Day for Europeans?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Char. Limit
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Pi
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
15 replies · 3K views
Char. Limit
Gold Member
Messages
1,222
Reaction score
23
Happy Pi Day everyone!

potd_pi-pie.jpg


Happy Pi day, everyone!

Europeans, sorry, but you're going to have to wait till July...
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org


Here in Europe, we need to wait till 3rd January of 4159 :(
 


And a very happy Pi Day to you as well! I am going to bake a pecan pie for the occasion. Math and dessert, what could be a better combination? :P
 


I accidentally put on my "Math is delicious" t-shirt today without knowing it was Pi Day until someone said "oh ho what a clever shirt to wear today!"
 


If I were in St. Louis, I'd probably be eating here today.
 


Happy Pi Day to you too! I first read it as iDay, but it was probably just my imagination.
 


The functional argument of having PI day in the first place is a circular one. :wink:
 


Char. Limit said:
potd_pi-pie.jpg


Happy Pi day, everyone!

Europeans, sorry, but you're going to have to wait till July...

Blasphemy. That image is clearly more representative of 2pi day. The labeling on the pie must be incorrect.