When we start writing the futurewhat jobs will we have?

In summary, the author is undecided about a career in physics or engineering and is seeking guidance.
Rhine720
A little funky title but I couldn't help but word it that way. Anyway I was thinking still have time to make up my mind between going for a physics Ph.D or Engineering B.S. So i figured i could go still for for guidance and hopefully ask some questions that others havn't asked that may intrigue them.

For the optimistic of us it's coming to seem that most of our wildest dreams are even plausible. Now wildest dreams was a bit of an exaggeration but anyway. I'm not going to lie in the fact that I LOVE Scifi. and It's partly to blame for my interest in physics and engineering. But as I come to watch some things I think would and engineer have done that or a physicist? Or I play starcraft and think.. who made the defence matrix..and engineer or physicist?
( please don't think my whole interest in physics and engineering is based of these things = P ..I enjoy the rigourus math and learning ha 2 for 1)

But now here's the real question I have in mind.. is there such thing as Energy engineers? Is there research on manipulating energy ( that's possible?) ..kinda like genetic engineers.. is that vague? =/

These seem like questions to ask in physics forum instead of career guidance but I think it has more to do with my future career =] Sorry if this whole post is weird

Physics news on Phys.org
Rhine720 said:
But now here's the real question I have in mind.. is there such thing as Energy engineers? Is there research on manipulating energy ( that's possible?) ..kinda like genetic engineers.. is that vague? =/
There are energy engineers, but most probably they began as Mechanical Engineers, Chemical Engineers, Aerospace Engineers or Nuclear Engineers, and perhaps some started as Physicists.

All these fields can involve thermodynamics and fluid mechanics, and specialties such as chemical engineering (combustion), nuclear engineering and plasma physics (fusion). The scope may be interdisciplinary.

There are several aspects of energy to consider: 1) source/generation (chemical, nuclear, solar, . . . ), 2) conversion (thermal -> mechanical -> electrical or propulsive (mechanical)), 3) utilization or application, and 4) storage. Each of these stages is quite a specialty in and of itself.

There are also the environmental aspects of the energy source and system.

I don't know if this is of any help, but it does no good to you know physics or engineering or what?? You should do whatever you are doing right now in the best possible way you can. With time, you will mature & come to know what you are made for.

1. What types of jobs will be in high demand in the future?

In the future, jobs that involve artificial intelligence, data analysis, and environmental sustainability will likely be in high demand. This includes roles such as AI programmers, data scientists, and renewable energy engineers.

2. Will traditional jobs still exist in the future?

While many traditional jobs may be replaced by automation and technology, there will still be a need for human workers in fields such as healthcare, education, and creative industries. These roles require empathy, critical thinking, and creativity, which cannot be replicated by machines.

3. How will advancements in technology affect the job market?

Advancements in technology will likely lead to the creation of new jobs while also replacing some traditional roles. It is important for individuals to continuously update their skills and adapt to new technologies in order to remain competitive in the job market.

4. Will there be more remote or freelance jobs in the future?

With the rise of remote work and the gig economy, it is likely that there will be more freelance and remote jobs in the future. This allows for greater flexibility and work-life balance for workers, but it also requires strong time-management and self-motivation skills.

5. How will the future job market be impacted by global issues such as climate change and pandemics?

Global issues such as climate change and pandemics will have a significant impact on the future job market. As the world becomes more environmentally conscious, there will be a greater demand for sustainable jobs and industries. The COVID-19 pandemic has also highlighted the importance of healthcare and public health jobs, which may see an increase in demand in the future.