Where can I find a book on group theory in physics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
hokhani
Messages
650
Reaction score
29
please prefer me a book or booklet or ...that at least includes one section or more about the subject of group theory in physics as i can understand the elements considered in this book about group theory:
"Mathematics method for physisists by George Arfken"
I'd like it was elementary and informative and also short.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
hokhani said:
please prefer me a book or booklet or ...that at least includes one section or more about the subject of group theory in physics as i can understand the elements considered in this book about group theory:
"Mathematics method for physisists by George Arfken"
I'd like it was elementary and informative and also short.

If you are just interested in enough group theory to get by I would just use Wikipedia as needed.

Generally physics uses Lie groups - e.g. in Gauge theories. A book on Lie groups for Physicists might help you.

On the other hand, the trend among theoretical physicists today is to be crack mathematicians.