Where Can I Find a Colour Picker for Masculine Interior Design Palettes?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 4K views
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
Messages
24,696
Reaction score
9,097
OK, I've looked for about two hours now and can't find what I want (though I've found lots of stuff that doesn't do what I want.)

Years ago, Para Paints had a widget on their site that would have you choose one of about 32 colours, and would then give you a palette that matched it.

There's lots of pickers that let you choose your own colours, and there's lots that will generate a palette from a photo - I'm looking for one that will recommend palettes.

In particular, I want colours that would go in a library or smoking room - masculine colours - deep reds, tans, ochres and complemetary colours (grey-green or slate blue).

Ideally, there are interactive colour wheels where you can shift a cursor around the wheel and it dynamically adjusts all the colours on-the-fly.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Ugh, tough search...there's just too much stuff out there in that subject area!

Here's what I've done in the past, given my complete lack of talent in this area.

I chose a picture that I like - usually by Matisse. I don't look for content, just colors...and I steal the colors.

Here's one that's kind of smoking-room-ish.

http://www.1artclub.com/uploads/14-0017.jpg
 
lisab said:
Here's what I've done in the past, given my complete lack of talent in this area.

I chose a picture that I like - usually by Matisse. I don't look for content, just colors...and I steal the colors.
Right. Been there. But I want it to suggest colours to me. If I provide a pic, I've already committed to a palette of my own design.


jarednjames said:
http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

The online version is roughly what you want, the download one seems to be exactly right for you.

Yeah, I tried this one. It doesn't really care about interior design; it seems more universal - concentating on primary, saturated colours.
 
It's tough for me to get this kind of stuff right, too. I had to do it the old fashion way, and get a woman to pick the colors for me. :smile:
 
Triple_D said:
It's tough for me to get this kind of stuff right, too. I had to do it the old fashion way, and get a woman to pick the colors for me. :smile:

I hear ya. But last thing I want is my man cave to be done in colours picked by my wife...

(On the other hand, it has occurred to me that, to be a proper man cave, it should be done in colours picked by a man).

i.e. badly.
:biggrin:

Maybe I shouldn't be using a colour picker...


3308687242_b59e4aba4b.jpg
 
Its a very hard challenge for everyone.you should be take the suggestion of professional interior designer.who can sure help in your interior design color picker query and make you completely satisfy.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Tony Manfre