Where Can I Find a Replacement Battery Door for My TI-NSpire?

  • Topic: Calculators 
  • Thread starter Thread starter FCguy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Battery
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
FCguy
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
I just picked up a TI-NSpire for nearly nothing. It's missing the battery door for the rechargeable battery (which is also missing). I can pick up the battery easily enough but I can't find the door anywhere! See the door (and it's screws ... which of course I don't have either) in the pic below. Halp!

ti-nspirecas_2.0_rbatt_ra_rtcol.jpg


edit: I noticed the picture is of a CAS ... I have a plain jane nspire. Another pic shown below seems to show that the battery door is the same. Amazon prime has the battery @ $11.01.

314MB3d5iSL._SY450_.jpg
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Wow ... zero replies in two days ... does ANYONE have any input on this?
 
You can contact Ti for a replacement door. They might be difficult to actually work with and could be a bit pricey for a simple piece of plastic. Actually, contact the place where they have all the defect calculators sent. They may be able to strip one off of a dead calculator and send to you for the cost of postage. Just a thought.
You could also find a sheet of black plastic and cut out to the size (with ears) to latch into the back area. Drill two small holes where the screws are (heck, drill four holes, one in each corner). Then screw in with eye glass screws.
 
You can contact Ti for a replacement door. They might be difficult to actually work with and could be a bit pricey for a simple piece of plastic. Actually, contact the place where they have all the defect calculators sent. They may be able to strip one off of a dead calculator and send to you for the cost of postage. Just a thought.
You could also find a sheet of black plastic and cut out to the size (with ears) to latch into the back area. Drill two small holes where the screws are (heck, drill four holes, one in each corner). Then screw in with eye glass screws.
 
CalcNerd said:
You can contact Ti for a replacement door. They might be difficult to actually work with and could be a bit pricey for a simple piece of plastic. Actually, contact the place where they have all the defect calculators sent. They may be able to strip one off of a dead calculator and send to you for the cost of postage. Just a thought.
You could also find a sheet of black plastic and cut out to the size (with ears) to latch into the back area. Drill two small holes where the screws are (heck, drill four holes, one in each corner). Then screw in with eye glass screws.

1.95 when I called plus shipping. I forgot about the screws however so now I need to find out what size they are