Where can I find a text about heavy elements migration?

In summary: Consider the late heavy bombardment which is thought to have bought many of the current crustal heavy elements to earthhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_Heavy_BombardmentThis does not answer the question.Volcanic activity does bring up material from layers deep enough to have a greater richness of heavy elements than the crust, but meteors are still a more important source.
Guilherme Franco
Let me be more specific:

I'm needing some source that talks, in a more broad way, about how heavier elements tend to "sink into the core" during Earth's formation (when we're talking about siderophile elements, that readily combine with molten iron). Wikipedia's page about the Goldschmidt classification comments that but assigns no specific source to that claim.

My particular interest is about Molydenum, which is siderophile, and I found articles talking about its concentration in Earth's mantle and crust and about what was expected of it.

But I can't manage to find any more broad comments on the question of heavy siderophile elements tending to "sink" during Earth's formation when it's still mostly molten rock.

I need this just to serve as a reference to this comment.

I've even downloaded some books on astrophysics of planet formation, but they don't talk about the particular question of element migration after the rocky planet has been just formed and is still hot enough to have molten rock on the surface.

Thanks by the help!

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Let me try something. You are talking about the iron catastrophe:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_catastrophe

1. the entire planet became molten, so why would orther dense elements not sink as well?
Densities
iron: 7.874 g/cm3 and Nickel: 8.903g/cm3
Mo: 10.28g/cm3
2. Consider the late heavy bombardment which is thought to have bought many of the current crustal heavy elements to earth
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_Heavy_Bombardment

So I think you are making something straightforward more complex than it needs to be.

Likes berkeman
jim mcnamara said:
Let me try something. You are talking about the iron catastrophe:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_catastrophe

1. the entire planet became molten, so why would orther dense elements not sink as well?
Densities
2. Consider the late heavy bombardment which is thought to have bought many of the current crustal heavy elements to earth
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_Heavy_Bombardment

So I think you are making something straightforward more complex than it needs to be.

I was just being specific about what I wanted to know. The question is just that, when looking with keywords associated with heavy element migration towards the core, I didn't found any of this.

Now, another question if you know: Does volcanic activity bring up material from layers deep enough to have a greater richness of heavy elements than the crust? Or are meteors a more important source?

Thanks!

jim mcnamara said:
Densities
The density of trace elements is irrelevant. All that matters is their solubilities.

1. What are heavy elements?

Heavy elements are those with an atomic number greater than 92, which is the atomic number of uranium. They include elements such as plutonium, curium, and fermium.

2. Why is the migration of heavy elements important?

The migration of heavy elements can have significant impacts on the environment and human health. These elements can be radioactive and toxic, and if they migrate to areas where they are not naturally found, they can cause harm to ecosystems and human populations.

3. Where can I find information on the migration of heavy elements?

There are various resources available for information on the migration of heavy elements, including scientific journals, academic textbooks, and government agency websites. The National Institutes of Health and the Environmental Protection Agency are good places to start.

4. What are the main factors that affect the migration of heavy elements?

The migration of heavy elements is influenced by a variety of factors, including environmental conditions such as temperature and pH, the chemical properties of the elements, and the presence of other substances in the environment that can interact with the elements.

5. Is there ongoing research on the migration of heavy elements?

Yes, there is ongoing research on the migration of heavy elements, particularly in relation to their impact on human health and the environment. Scientists are continually studying the behavior of these elements and developing methods to mitigate their migration and potential harm.