Where Can I Find Raw Statistical Data with Dummy Variables for Analysis?

In summary, the person is looking for a website that offers raw statistical data with dummy indicators. Suggestions include Kaggle, which has a competition with a 3 million dollar prize, and R, which has a collection of sample data sets.
chris_0101
Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone knows of any website that offers raw statistical data. This may be a major request but the data also has to contain dummy (indicator) variables.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
chris_0101 said:
Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone knows of any website that offers raw statistical data. This may be a major request but the data also has to contain dummy (indicator) variables.

Thanks

Not sure if these are what you're looking for but here are a couple of sites with raw data. Kaggle has data sets with some of the data completely filled out and the competition is to figure out the rest. There is a large, two year competition starting April 4th that has a 3 million dollar prize.

http://www.data.gov/"
http://www.kaggle.com/"

Last edited by a moderator:
The standard version of R comes with a large collection of sample data sets.

Related to Where Can I Find Raw Statistical Data with Dummy Variables for Analysis?

1. What are statistical data resources?

Statistical data resources are collections of data that have been gathered, organized, and analyzed to provide insights and information about a particular topic or phenomenon. These resources often contain numerical data that has been collected through surveys, experiments, or other methods.

2. Why are statistical data resources important?

Statistical data resources are important because they allow us to understand and interpret complex information in a more objective and systematic way. By using statistical data, we can identify patterns and relationships that can inform decision-making, policy-making, and research in various fields such as science, economics, and social sciences.

3. How can I access statistical data resources?

There are many ways to access statistical data resources, such as through government agencies, research institutions, and online databases. You can also find statistical data in published reports, journals, and books. Some resources may require a subscription or payment, while others are freely available to the public.

4. What are some common statistical data resources?

Some common statistical data resources include government databases, such as the US Census Bureau and the World Bank Open Data, which provide data on demographics, economics, and social indicators. Other popular resources include academic databases, such as JSTOR and ProQuest, which contain research studies and data from various disciplines.

5. How can I use statistical data resources effectively?

To use statistical data resources effectively, it is important to have a clear understanding of the data and its limitations. You should also have a specific research question or hypothesis in mind and select data that is relevant and reliable. It is also helpful to use appropriate statistical methods and tools to analyze the data and present your findings accurately.