Where Can I Find Resources for Studying the Physics of Solar Panels?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
clicia
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello,
I am considering to do a phD in solar panels, because it seems to connect areas I've been studying for a while. I am almost a chemical Engineer with master in physics and Science/Technology Bachelor.
I'd like to do some on solar panels connected to physics, like quantum dot or something. Since I never worked with that, I have two questions:
1. what books on solar energy should I read?
2. do you know any material that can help me on opening up my mind on the subject?

Thanks in advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Your approach will likely be constrained by the available programs. Find the available programs first (given your geographical constraints) and then wok from there. It's not like every school has a solar panel program.
 
Dr. Courtney said:
Your approach will likely be constrained by the available programs. Find the available programs first (given your geographical constraints) and then wok from there. It's not like every school has a solar panel program.

Thank you very much for you reply Dr. Courtney, but I already did it and I know where I will apply. For founding I need to write my proposal first and then ask for financial found. The thing is that I need to read a lot about the physics behind solar energy and the problems we need to answer as researchers, so I can write the PhD proposal. That's why I asked people which books and material are good.