Where Can I Find Stress-Concentration Factors for Parallel Plates Under Bending?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aero Stud
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Factors
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 5K views
Aero Stud
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
urgent: stress-concentration factors

Hey people,

I urgently need a chart of theoretical stress-concentration factors for the following general case: a part made from two thin plates of equal weidth connected parallel to each other with one shorter than the other. I need the theoretical stress-concentration factors for the connection corners between the plates (as a function of fillet radius) - when there's a bending moment acting on the major surface of one of the plates. Maybe even the case of a clamped wide and thin beam with a bending moment will do.

Book references, if you know there's such a case there (because I already tried to find it in a library) will help to.

Thanks a lot :smile:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Can you get a hold of Peterson's Stress Concentration Factors (ISBN 0-471-53849-3)?
 
FredGarvin said:
Can you get a hold of Peterson's Stress Concentration Factors (ISBN 0-471-53849-3)?
One library closed, I'm on my way to the next. It's probably there. Thanks.