Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Where can I find water vapor images?

Tags:
  1. Mar 27, 2018 #1
    I am searching for images of the daytime sky taken within the water vapor absorption bands at 940nm, 1600 nm, 1860 nm, 2700 nm or 2900 nm. Specifically I am trying to see if multispectral images of in-band and adjacent out-of-band photos could be subtracted to show areas of slight water vapor differeneces (~1%) in a clear sky at distances of 500 meters to 1500 meters.
    I have hopes that someone must have done this and published the results, but I can't seem to find it. I would do this myself but the price of bandpass filters above 1000 nm. is very expensive.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 27, 2018 #2

Tom.G

Science Advisor

4. Mar 28, 2018 #3
    Thank you Tom. There is no shortage of these images taken from 22,000 miles in space. However I want to see short range, slant path (~45 degrees) images taken from the ground or horizontally from an airplane. Image processing (subtraction) may be able to enhance the water vapor difference.

5. Mar 28, 2018 #4

Tom.G

Science Advisor

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted