Where Can I Purchase Buckyballs and Other Exotic Materials for Display?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Leopold Infeld
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 14K views
Leopold Infeld
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Where to buy buckyballs?

Does anyone know where i can buy macro quantities of buckyballs? Or carbon nano tubes and all the other exotic materials out there. Just for displaying purposes, i don't mean to use them. And furthermore, does anyone have a pic or a link that show buckyballs macroscopically? All the fotos i searched for turned out just the computer models.

Thanx
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
I don't think that they are much to look at, they pretty much look like graphite. You can buy them from Aldrich though. Bring your wallet, they cost around $250/gram. You can get 25 mg for about $20, however.
 
Ok. What is Aldrich?? Can I get them from the internet? thanx